Same-sex marriages are now legal across the entirety of the United States

ankush28

Bazinga
Same-sex marriages are now legal across the entirety of the United States after a historic supreme court ruling that declared attempts by conservative states to ban them unconstitutional.

In what may prove the most important civil rights case in a generation, five of the nine court justices determined that the right to marriage equality was enshrined under the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment.

Victory in the case – known as Obergefell v Hodges, after an Ohio man who sued the state to get his name listed on his late husband’s death certificate – capped years of campaigning by LGBT rights activists, high-powered attorneys and couples waiting decades for the justices to rule. It immediately led to scenes of jubilation from coast to coast, as campaigners, politicians and everyday people – gay, straight and in-between – hailed “a victory of love”.

The ruling, in which Justice Anthony Kennedy cast the deciding vote, means the number of states where gay marriage is legal will rise from 37 to 50.[...]

Source: The Guardian

Google

#LoveWins

While U.S. wrote history, India can't even figure out way to scrap section 377... We and our great "kalchar".

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is USA's supreme court decision which is only used as a last resort & overrides all 50 US states govt & courts decisions not to mention many times it serves as a guideline to other nations supreme/top courts too.
Top 10 Most Groundbreaking Court Cases - Online Paralegal Programs

Alok

Adventurer
I strongly feel homosexuality wrong, well I don't care what people do to their life, its not going to affect me any bit. On the same side, it is not fare that two people can't live together or I should dislike them because of that.

Btw WHyyyy Rainbow :X

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I have a friend, whenever I tell him something good happenening in the US, he would say, "man I wish I could move there", without even thinking about what I said..
now If I tell this news to him and if he replies, "man I wish I could move there"... GG checkmate mofo :p

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I strongly feel homosexuality wrong, well I don't care what people do to their life, its not going to affect me any bit. On the same side, it is not fare that two people can't live together or I should dislike them because of that.

Btw WHyyyy Rainbow :X

It would be wrong, if it were a choice.

However, [STRIKE]homosexuality is a trait one is born with.[/STRIKE] You cannot change that by torturing them mentally and physically.

But in the end, does it really matter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some day we will definitely prove pedophilia and bestiality are also traits one is born with; may be a decade or century later, only a matter of time. :lol:

Also rape will be just a natural hormonal surge beyond anyone's control.

Will be funny to know how a married bisexual person can keep his/her marriage and in-born trait both intact together when most of the countries allow only monogamy/monoandry.

$hadow

Geek in making
I am happy this law is not in India. Coz even though in the eyes of law it will be OK but not in the eyes of the people and I don't want to see my friends getting banished from the society and my life as well.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Some day we will definitely prove pedophilia and bestiality are also traits one is born with; may be a decade or century later, only a matter of time. :lol:

Also rape will be just a natural hormonal surge beyond anyone's control.

Will be funny to know how a married bisexual person can keep his/her marriage and in-born trait both intact together when most of the countries allow only monogamy/monoandry.

You do realize that consent is of importance here.

I guess soon we will have toddlers voting too then ?

- - - Updated - - -

I am happy this law is not in India. Coz even though in the eyes of law it will be OK but not in the eyes of the people and I don't want to see my friends getting banished from the society and my life as well.

Any change will have its detractors. If you don't begin you will never change the notions in society.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You do realize that consent is of importance here.

You do know that in case of rape consent doesn't matter, the whole argument of consent has been specifically thrown to trash by the several courts over the year. The activists vocal about "rape in domesticity" doesn't take into cognizance the consent (aka marriage). Why only when it comes to LGBT consent suddenly becomes so paramount? And who on earth signs a contract paper everytime they go to bed?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
You do know that in case of rape consent doesn't matter, the whole argument of consent has been specifically thrown to trash by the several courts over the year. Not to mention more than half of rape cases in our country are consensual sex only. The activists vocal about "rape in domesticity" doesn't take into cognizance the consent (aka marriage). Why only when it comes to LGBT consent suddenly becomes so paramount? And who on earth signs a contract paper everytime they go to bed?

And even if I accept your argument about toddlers, what about grown up adult animals? Who's gonna ascertain their consent or otherwise?

marriage != forced sex

Feel sorry for you if you think marriage is a pass for forced sex.

You have given answer yourself. Rape is a crime because there is forced assault/sex.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
And how you are gonna prove whether it is forced or not? And what about sex under promise/pretext of marriage (more than half of the rape cases in this country)? Its not forced on anybody, still we consider it as rape.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
And how you are gonna prove whether it is forced or not? And what about sex under promise/pretext of marriage (more than half of the rape cases in this country)? Its not forced on anybody, still we consider it as rape.

I am not the Sherlock here to gather the evidence. Sex under pretext of marriage is still a crime. It's like I will give you an opportunity in hollywood, give me 5 lacs for now. Like that but worse. The scope of this discussion is beyond this thread. Thread was about legality and we are going off on a tangent here.

Just because there is room for abuse, do we need to scrape the law for genuine cases too ?

What I do say is that choose your partner wisely. And don't think with your libido, use your brain.

Top Bottom