Safe to buy DSLR from Paytm ?

mitraark

Decrepit
Have to get a DSLR before 24.04, was waiting for prices to come down as people said it will because new models have been released. Prices have not really come down much.

Trying to get the Nikon D3300 , it's Rs 30075 on Paytm, with 7000 cashback, so effectively 23075. Flipkart is selling it at 28560 but with free Camera Bag and 8 GB SD Card.

Is there any risk buying from Paytm? Getting a refurbished product, void warranty, any such isses ?

1. Budget: 30k MAX

2. Upgradeability: Not much of a concern.

3. Life span: I am looking for a relatively new camera, hopefully launched in 2013 or 2014, better if upcoming. That way I can keep using the camera throughout its expected life span and would be 'future ready,' so to speak. <copied>

4. Usage: Road trips, landscape photography, maybe a bit of wildlife photography. Not much of macro. Should be good at low light photography.

$hadow

Geek in making
I won't buy. Even of the product come clean the warrnaty will be a huge issue. I would suggest you to buy it from amazon or fk.
Nikon D5200 DSLR Camera Rs.33101 Price in India - Buy Nikon D5200 DSLR Camera Black Online - Nikon : Flipkart.com get this

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
another great dslr is 1200D
comes with 2 lenses- 18-55mm,55-250mm,8gb memory card,carry bag
all for 27k(amazon),28k(flipkart)

after owning multiple cameras
I prefer canon because despite its lack of features,its easier to repair,get accessories,lenses etc in future
My EOS 500 film camera still has support nearly 20 years after its purchase and my 1200D is compatible with it fully

Nikon has better consumer-targeted features however such as wifi etc but not very usable features imho
Megapixels dont matter much in this comparison

also the two lenses- 18-55mm and 55-250m are steal for that price(just see the prices if you buy seprately)
both lenses are great for dslr newbies and are very very vfm

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't know if paytm whether it is good or not. Why don't you google it and see if you can find any reviews about them?

hitesh

In the zone
My first experience with paytm has been horrible. Ordered kobo touch from ebay, money got debited but order did not get placed. No actual response from them yet.

Avoid it, if you can

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Dont go for paytm. I bought this earphone.

*paytm.com/shop/p/skullcandy-s2ikdz...-rasta-SKULLCANDY_S2IKDZ-058_NULL_RASTA_20979

Its MRP is 1500, but discounted to 245 Rs. When I searched the same model, it is above 1K in all other site. But what I recieved is a crappy cheap headphone. Dont even know if it is original or fake. Sounds worst than a 200 Rs earphone itself.

I have raised a request for refund/replace, still have not get any reply.
They don't even have a phone number for Customer Care, only email id and Raise Ticket.

hitesh

In the zone
Dont go for paytm. I bought this earphone.

*paytm.com/shop/p/skullcandy-s2ikdz...-rasta-SKULLCANDY_S2IKDZ-058_NULL_RASTA_20979

Its MRP is 1500, but discounted to 245 Rs. When I searched the same model, it is above 1K in all other site. But what I recieved is a crappy cheap headphone. Dont even know if it is original or fake. Sounds worst than a 200 Rs earphone itself.

I have raised a request for refund/replace, still have not get any reply.
They don't even have a phone number for Customer Care, only email id and Raise Ticket.

Same here bro. They have my 3k :( and they don't seem to care to respond, just a bot mail, that's it

EDIT : I think I'm gonna give them a visit. Head center is about 1/2 hour away

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Paytm is overall good (their CC is excellent). But you do need to see who is the seller. There's a topic on Desidime with the list of good and bad sellers of Paytm, try to find it.

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Paytm isn't that bad, my colleagues have ordered several stuff from them, no problems yet, but I'm going to go for Flipkart or Amazon for the purchase.

Will need the camera on April 24 so will wait till the 3rd week of april before buying, hopefully there will be a drop in price,

I'm preferring the D3300 over 1200D because it seems to have the better sensor according to most sites, and the 55-200 lens isn't really my requirement.

$hadow

Geek in making
Do not buy D3300 since upgradibity would be a problem. Go for at least D5200 for getting more lenses.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Do not buy D3300 since upgradibity would be a problem. Go for at least D5200 for getting more lenses.
??? Could you please elaborate a little more? I couldn't get it. What one could get more from D5200 which you couldn't get from D3300 as far as upgradability is concern.

SANDEEPRAJ

New to this forum
Don't go for paytm , its worst customer care , got duplicate products couple of times difficult to detect , go for amazon flipkart snapdeal and eBay

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Paytm isn't that bad, my colleagues have ordered several stuff from them, no problems yet, but I'm going to go for Flipkart or Amazon for the purchase.

Will need the camera on April 24 so will wait till the 3rd week of april before buying, hopefully there will be a drop in price,

I'm preferring the D3300 over 1200D because it seems to have the better sensor according to most sites, and the 55-200 lens isn't really my requirement.

sensor difference is very minimal afaik ,its only megapixel count but overall Canon has a slight edge other than lack of certain consumer centric features such as wifi
I have a 1200D,EOS 500(film) and my dad has a D90 + D5200
I think [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] is a better expert on the subject and can elaborate better/share his views
also Nikon changes its lens mount thingy every few gens so future compatibility is a bit iffy compared to Canon

also trust me youll love having 2 kit lenses!! 55-250mm is a great lens for close ups,zoom etc

- - - Updated - - -

Umm bro Im gonna have to disagree with you on this one
DSLR lenses are fully compatible with each other provided their lens mount,camera gen and company is same
You can use the best of lenses meant for a full frame DSLR(really high end) on even a cheap entry level DSLR with no issues as such

$hadow

Geek in making
I am referring to this thread *www.digit.in/forum/cameras-camcorders/189795-going-manual-help-me-dslr.html [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] & [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]

Top Bottom