Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from ODI cricket

Vignesh B

Youngling
I started watching cricket because of him. I started playing cricket because of him.
Indian cricket or for that matter world cricket will have a huge void to fill.
Personally, I feel saddened but I think it was the (almost)right time for him to retire. Like Dravid & Laxman before him he has left sufficient time for the youngsters to get ready for the next battle.
I just hope that he re-discovers his form in the longer version of the game and retire on a high. Waiting for the Australian series.
His statistics speaks for itself. No words can describe his greatness, humility, and his ability to carry the hopes of a billion people on his shoulders who follow cricket as a religion and Sachin as the God.

Flash

Lost in speed
Its expected, but not now.
Lets hope that he will shape the future minds, with a Cricket academy maybe.

sainath

Android Addicted
Now watching ODI matches not fun as earlier. I'm started watching cricket from 2003 WC only because of Sachin's batting. Before 2003 that I did not even know how to play cricket lol. Before 2003 I hates my father when they watch cricket match. I kept saying to them, "What is in cricket?, You will get the award from watching the cricket?". In reply they told me who Sachin is. Salute to such a great man. Now its time to stop watching ODI matches. :( Lok kahihi boudet pan Sachin tu majhyasathi bhartiya cricketcha ek devch aahes. Tu aalas, tu khelalas aani tu jinkun nelas. :)

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
I think he should have retired from ODIs when India won the WC. I believe its better to cash-out when your stacks are high rather than waiting till you re into your lows.
I know he was of the opinion that he wanted to contribute more - but playing in ODIs wasnt neccessary for that. He could have done that by focusing more on tests and scoring a few important knocks in Australia & England. It would have delivered great confidence to the youngsters as well. Sights like Tendulkar and dravid getting bowled are most de-moralizing for juniors in the team.

Nevertheless, he deserves the respect he has earned. My salute to the little master.

Ankit Omar

Broken In
Gathered from around the web -

Sachin Tendulkar: Busting the myths ignorant fans held against the greatest batsman in ODI history - Cricket News & Articles | CricketCountry.com

and

Chetan Narula's Blog-My Sachin Tendulkar Story: Cricketnext

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes player can join back... if BCCI continues to loose series like this and they may come begging to join back :D

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'll miss him a lot. IMO he might play the next world cup. Can players join back after retirement?

Man if there is any thread or blog that discusses about Player reconsidering their retirement and playing again I'm sure Pakistan team will have the most number.

yes player can join back... if BCCI continues to loose series like this and they may come begging to join back :D
I don't recollect any Indian Cricketer who announced his retirement and then reconsidered it. Atleast nothing I know starting from 90's till now. Even Sachin wasn't Cajoled into taking back his reteriment from ODI's. I feel the real pinch will come when India start playing ODI's out of Indian Subcontinent. Let's see how well Jadeja & Co perform in the next overseas tournament.

Ankit Omar

Broken In
This was the saddest news I have heard in my life ever. Undeniably we all and the entire cricket world will miss him forever!

Jitendra Singh

Broken In
Don't you think Arjun Tendulkar is son of "God of Cricket". Now I am waiting for him.Every cricket lover will love him .....some times feels like end of cricket with Sachin.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Don't you think Arjun Tendulkar is son of "God of Cricket". Now I am waiting for him.Every cricket lover will love him .....some times feels like end of cricket with Sachin.

Didn't you read the article on Arjun Tendulkar in TOI. It seems he was picked on bias.

Top Bottom