My choice would be

• M8

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • S5 (SD 801)

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay, buying one coming Tuesday or Wednesday. Now which one would you get? By S5 I obviously don't mean the sh!t Exynos one.

This is how I sorted out positives and negatives for both,

S5:

+ Better camera. I am not even going to the comparison with M8.
+ Better size, and overall grip. M8 is slippery.
+ Hardware buttons.
+ IP67 certification, this might come handy, might not, should not be a deciding factor.
+ 15 grams lighter!
+ USB 3.0? Hmm :|

- Plastic. Uff :| However with far superior build quality than S4!
- Far lesser custom support from XDA! No one likes Samsung!
- Meaningless features and bloats!

M8:

+ Build quality and materials. Comparing plastic with Aluminium is meaningless.
+ Those boom speakers. I will never use them for multimedia purpose but having it for calls is great.
+ Better custom support.
+ UI is much much faster and responsive than TW.

- Undeniably the camera. However I don't use camera much at all.
- On screen buttons, hate the idea!
- Have heard ASS of hTC India is poor!

Which one would you pick? Remember, the S5 is Snapdragon, not Exynos.

The link to the S5,

*www.ebay.in/itm/Promotion-Brand-Ne...t=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item258e305baf&_uhb=1

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I like it too, but was comparing the camera, and it indeed is really poor. I mean the photos look like coming from a 2010 flagship device, which is utterly disappointing to say the least.

Can I give a different suggestion to get the One plus One if u wanna get a value for money phone without sacrificing performance...

You need to wait though...

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
No no you can't :lol:

No seriously though, I would rather die before buying anything labelled with Cyanogen, also I only believe in brands who are already reputed rather than upcoming might be reputable brand. Please don't take any offence, but that's my POV.

So I am going for the M8 then I guess? It's quite clear that Sense is WAY ahead in terms of speed and smoothness but that camera is still haunting me, though it shouldn't as I won't be using the camera much!

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
None..Z2 is much better
But among M8 and S5 ... M8 is better

- - - Updated - - -

Just avoid crapsung

$hadow

Geek in making
Well snapdragon version ain't kis when compared to any other brand phone. But if you are importing one why not get the Google Play edition oh HTC one.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Neither, keep using your S4 and upgrade to LG G3 at the end of the year..
Why do you wanna ditch your S4 ? I know vibration is really bad but what other reasons ?

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Neither, keep using your S4 and upgrade to LG G3 at the end of the year..
Why do you wanna ditch your S4 ? I know vibration is really bad but what other reasons ?
Dude I have sold my S4, it's been a week since then. Vibration issue I will have on S5 too, if I get it that is. But the main concern is build quality. This topic would not even have been created if S5 had same crappy build quality like S4.

M8 is great, but I am seeing too much of these issues, and it's scaring me. I won't have any warranty, so need to make sure fully before buying, so that I won't face any hassles in future. It doesn't seem like hTC's quality control is great. However a lot of users have denied having these problems, so !!!

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2694656

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2741916

The two main reasons of getting the M8 are, 1- Premium build with durability, and 2- Lovely support from XDA, and Sense is better than TW, that much is proved.

I am not considering the Z2 because of two reasons, 1- I don't believe glass can be durable, nor I like it. 2- It's ridiculously priced, however it will cool off after few days.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't understand how Moto X beats an S4, M7 in performance! Why would I pay double when the performance is slightly better, in some case slightly even worse? Unbelievable optimization has been done on the X! Jeez!

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Dude I have sold my S4, it's been a week since then. Vibration issue I will have on S5 too, if I get it that is. But the main concern is build quality. This topic would not even have been created if S5 had same crappy build quality like S4.

M8 is great, but I am seeing too much of these issues, and it's scaring me. I won't have any warranty, so need to make sure fully before buying, so that I won't face any hassles in future. It doesn't seem like hTC's quality control is great. However a lot of users have denied having these problems, so !!!

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2694656

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2741916

The two main reasons of getting the M8 are, 1- Premium build with durability, and 2- Lovely support from XDA, and Sense is better than TW, that much is proved.

I am not considering the Z2 because of two reasons, 1- I don't believe glass can be durable, nor I like it. 2- It's ridiculously priced, however it will cool off after few days.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't understand how Moto X beats an S4, M7 in performance! Why would I pay double when the performance is slightly better, in some case slightly even worse? Unbelievable optimization has been done on the X! Jeez!

Why don't you wait for Moto X+1 ( New name :p) Its gonna get announced on May 13 According to rumors alongside with Moto E. So you better wait for it.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Lol. After all this I bought a hTC One M7! I was going for the Moto X, but no root ability on 4.4.2 made it a deal breaker. That's it. I have officially stepped down from the nonsense of over hyped spec phone. God knows why I didn't see those YouTube videos before!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
+ Better custom support.

I think it is the other way around for HTC phones since they are notorious for locked bootloaders. Unless they decided to ship the M8 with an unlocked boot loader.

- - - Updated - - -

Samsung phones are relatively much easier to root and flash.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I think it is the other way around for HTC phones since they are notorious for locked bootloaders. Unless they decided to ship the M8 with an unlocked boot loader.

Samsung phones are relatively much easier to root and flash.
Yes, I agree, Samsung root process is way better than any other brand. Just install Odin, and that's practically it. However it's meaningless to just root the phone and then do nothing else. I mean if there is no good kernel or ROM to flash what's the point of rooting at first place? With S4 that was the case, I mean with the Exynos version. Snapdragon one had way better support though.

hTC's rooting process is complicated than Samsung's but geeky nerds like me will make it easy, cause if you do one thing again and again then regardless of it's toughness it will seem easy :D

Please close this topic now dear mods, it has no purpose for me any more.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Why does Samsung never sell the good stuff here ? when Nexus S launched, they gave us the crap S-LCD version instead of the AMOLEd one
Galaxy note 2, they gave us the crappier version, and s5 they gave us the exynos.. What are we to them ? :lol:

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am having a bad time. Got my M7 today, and found this is a dented, scratched and even slightly cracked phone, which seller sold as like new. Claimed for a refund, don't know what's gonna happen :|

Top Bottom