S3 Chrome ULP Gfx cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Heard of the Atom, 4W yeah that one, and atom-dual core, 8W, hmm. Well we've get ultra-low-power proccs, but don't u think our ulp proccs shud hav ulp gfx fard friends?

Well, S3 has just done that, and their DX10.1 cards with 512mbddr3(highest model) has a TDP of just 7W!!!

And go through these:
*eprim.org/2008/09/24/mobile/s3-graphics-chrome-400-ulp-mobile-gpu-with-hd-video-playback/

*www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=15595

*www.notebookcheck.net/Newsentry.153+M5258843ad4e.0.html

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9612&Itemid=1

Awesome, I'm opting for this card, shud run with my 250W PSU

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@ comp@ddict; Dont expect great gaming experience with this one.

Via is a good innovater despite ever-falling sales and low acceptance/market share of their processors/GPUs; I must say.
I would really love to have this card myself, its a pity they always mess up with linux drivers. :( If card has flawless openGL compliance w/ compatible drivers for linux, Id love to buy it. :)

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

I just want it to suffice on 1024*728 and maybe 2xAA and 2xAF, will tht be too much to ask?

My 6200TC does that.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ With which games? thats soo lame. :lol: kiddin :lol: don't take it personally. But 6200TC cant do that with COD4, Crysis, DMC4, Mass Effect.. Im pretty damn sure. :D

Yes. You can expect it to run better than 9500GT IMO.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Just saw the specifications. It can be a fatal blow to Intel Atom if Paired with Via Nano for Netbooks, or even notebooks. Full Vista compatility & enough power to run Windows when paired with Via Nano, this can easily spark a book in laptop of 30k segment

Is it PCI or PCIe ? If they made a low power low cost PCI card, I think MANY would be benifited because there are several old rigs which can be given a new life and converted to HTPCs or low end gaming rigs.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

^^ With which games? thats soo lame. :lol: kiddin :lol: don't take it personally. But 6200TC cant do that with COD4, Crysis, DMC4, Mass Effect.. Im pretty damn sure. :D

Yes. You can expect it to run better than 9500GT IMO.

I don't play those games, not a gameaholic(new word, emaning addicted to games) you see..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom