Russian businessman patents ;-) smiley

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yep... so everyone will be using warez copy of ;-) when they use IMs. ;-)

source and full story at:
*www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gE4Zc6sqIDqyfBQ1WlTKBf5GdInwD950NQ680

How much would you pay for a ;-)? A Russian businessman has trademarked the emoticon — or combination of punctuation marks — used to convey a wink in text messages and e-mail.

Oleg Teterin, president of the mobile ad company Superfone, said Thursday he doesn't plan on tracking down individual users following the decision by the federal patent agency.

"I want to highlight that this is only directed at corporations, companies that are trying to make a profit without the permission of the trademark holder," he said in comments to NTV.

Companies will be sent legal warnings if they use the symbol without his permission, he said.

din

Tribal Boy
;-)

From the source

"Imagine the next wise-guy who trademarks the 33 letters of the Russian alphabet and then says anyone who uses the Russian alphabet has to send him money. It's absurd," Alexander Manis, the director of a broadband internet and mobile company, told NTV.

LOL, need to start worrying on English, only 26 alphabets ;-)

OP
dheeraj_kumar

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I really dont care as long as they dont patent *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/37.gif

Always been my fav smiley

amitash

Intel OCer
proves Russias slow but sure return to communism :D ...makin ppl pay for smileys, now thats NOT a free country :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom