[RUMOR] Xbox 360 games could run on Windows 8 PCs [/RUMOR]

Alok

Adventurer
^^True but someday.....

Coz there was a time when ps2 emulation was dream but today we can.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah when we have that much powerful hardware. And the same would happen when we would be way ahead of PS3 hardware. Till then enjoy PC games. :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Emulation of PS3 is hard I guess because of that cell processor don't know for sure.
No, its hard because PS3 does not use DX like x360 does, so thats one reason, plus we don't have the source code, if ms wants to import x360 games to pc they can because they have the source code and detail knowledge of the api. And all games made with cross platform engines like UE can be imported to pc with just a zap, like GOW.

gameranand

Living to Play
tkin said:
No, its hard because PS3 does not use DX like x360 does, so thats one reason, plus we don't have the source code, if ms wants to import x360 games to pc they can because they have the source code and detail knowledge of the api. And all games made with cross platform engines like UE can be imported to pc with just a zap, like GOW.
Yeah right. Didn't thought about that. :) But still its hard to imagine that MS will emulate XBOX 360 for windows.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yeah when we have that much powerful hardware. And the same would happen when we would be way ahead of PS3 hardware. Till then enjoy PC games. :)

We are ahead of ps3 hardware. Current nvidia and radeon gpu are miles ahead than the rsx. Intel sandybridge has much more computational power than cell.
Even last gen nehalem had much more power. And ps3 supports opengl-ES api. It can be ported but why would sony port its games on microsoft's os? Its not that it isn't possible.
In fact its easily achievable but won't happen cause of the above reason.

Alok

Adventurer
It can be ported but why would sony port its games on microsoft's os? Its not that it isn't possible.
In fact its easily achievable but won't happen cause of the above reason.

Well i was not talking about particular game's porting but about emulating ps3 env. for all games and that doesn't require SONI's permission. A third party can do that.

We are ahead of ps3 but those hardwere r yet coastly. For emulation we need more advance technology so that today's coastly things go cheap.

Last edited:

mitraark

Decrepit
This "rumour" contradicts the very reason for consoles having exclusive titles :| Game Developers already postpone PC releases , much after console counterparts.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The Reason its hard to emulate PS3 bcoz the PS3 disc rotates in both direction clockwise & anti-clock wise...
whereas a normal DVD rotates only clock-wise

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
mitraark said:
This "rumour" contradicts the very reason for consoles having exclusive titles Game Developers already postpone PC releases , much after console counterparts.
This is the saddest part for PC gamers :(

Halo 1 was released in PC. Why not Halo Reach and other XBOX Exclusives :mad: ?

gameranand

Living to Play
thetechfreak said:
Halo 1 was released in PC. Why not Halo Reach and other XBOX Exclusives ?
Because these are trademark games for the consoles. For many people these games are reason why they buy Xbox 360. If they are released on PC then Xbox market will have a slowdown. :))

Alok

Adventurer
^^True same as god of war series.

The Reason its hard to emulate PS3 bcoz the PS3 disc rotates in both direction clockwise & anti-clock wise...
whereas a normal DVD rotates only clock-wise

:rofl::rofl:there is no need to rotate an ISO image:-D:))

Alok

Adventurer
Anyways for emulators i always use image file not dvd coz those make sometimes freezing framerate.

Top Bottom