[RUMOR] Xbox 360 games could run on Windows 8 PCs [/RUMOR]

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
You see that big "Rumor" tag in the headline. Good; keep that in mind as you read this story, because this one could be too good to be true. A persistent batch of rumors from the tech world suggest that Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 operating system will allow users to play Xbox 360 games on their computers.

Teknylate reports from an unrevealed source that if you have Windows 8 installed on your PC, you'll be able to pop Xbox 360 discs directly into your computer tower and load them up as though it were a console. Supposedly gamers will also be able to access their Xbox 360 dashboard and Xbox Live services on PC.

The rumor suggests that players will need to pay a fee to unlock this feature on Windows 8, although its unclear if this just means subscribing to Xbox Live Gold or paying on top of that subscription. It's important to remember that this is all rumor and speculation at this point, but various similar rumors have been circulating for several months now.

Microsoft has yet to announce an official release date for Windows 8, but the company is expected to continue unveiling features for the operating system in the next few months. Hopefully that means we'll know one way or another whether this rumor is legitimate soon.

Source

I think this isn't going to happen. For one, because MS will loose the sales of their console. Two, It would create an unbalance in online services. Etc.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well vamsi this might be true. I say this because the next gen consoles are just around the corner. Its a huge probability that MS will announce the successor of its xbox 360 console dubbed as the xbox 720 or something. Sony is planning to make a similar move as well.

Now if all these rumors are true, then i don't think running xbox 360 discs on windows 8 platform is false. Afterall it will be the best way to utilize the software content of a last gen console if the rumors are even near to be true.:smile:

tkin

Back to school!!
Well, saw this in Guru3d forums as well, and folks over there are taking this pretty seriously, Gears of War anyone?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Well, if this happens, then we can be guranteed X720 or whatever it will be called launches before or at the same time as Windows 8.

tkin

Back to school!!
Well, if this happens, then we can be guranteed X720 or whatever it will be called launches before or at the same time as Windows 8.
PS4 goes into production this year, so rest assured, X360 v2 or whatever must launch alongside it next year if want to hold onto the lead.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
PS4 goes into production this year, so rest assured, X360 v2 or whatever must launch alongside it next year if want to hold onto the lead.

And Windows 8 releases next year for PCs, wow, it's all falling into place!

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
Let's hope it will happen i am dying to play l.a noire,halo series games and gears of war series

Now i am holding my ps3 and xbox 360 console purchase till MS comment on this.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing's for sure, game makers will start complaining about losing sales due to piracy. ;)

The first games I will try is Forza Motorsport and Geometry Wars.

Top Bottom