Rubik's Cube - Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Guys.. I need a high quality rubiks cube.. all the ones available are really pathetic quality and very cheap .. less than 25 bucks. Where can I find imported rubiks cube? I dont mind spending 500 bucks on imported ones. I tired the reputed toy shop in Brigade Road banglore. but they too stocked the local made ones.. no good :(

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You are creating a collection of Rubick's Cube or doing some research on it or something? If I remember right, you already had 2 with you.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
you can by good ones frm toy supermarkets

world record is 1 min that too blind folded....u can try to beat that:)

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
hey why do u wanna play with such boring stuff ????
its boring if you dont know how to solve it.. else its fun.. ;)
you can by good ones frm toy supermarkets
Yea.. have to find a good toy supermarket.. I know only one in bangalore :p
world record is 1 min that too blind folded....u can try to beat that:)
with speed cubing one can solve the cube in less that 20-25 seconds.. I havent tried speed cubing yet.. But I dont think 1 min is the record for solving the cube blind folded.

trublu

Ta da !
^ hey,i've never heard of/seen any 4-sided cube!!!!!

I can only manage to bring one colour on a single side at a time.:(

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^ hey,i've never heard of/seen any 4-sided cube!!!!!

I can only manage to bring one colour on a single side at a time.:(

its just the start .. it took more than 6 months for me to learn how to do one one layer :p

slugger

Banned
i once swapped a few color stickers on a rubik cube a friend was playing with :evil:

could he then have been able to solve it?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ nope.. once the alignment of the pieces change .. one cannot solve it.

linuxg33k

Broken In
I bought mine from Crosswords - the bookstore @ Bombay. Check out the toys section for it. They r good quality ones. Made in China n marketed by Funskool. Arnd 200 bucks.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I remember playing with this when I was a child. Do you all think playing with it again will make me give exercise to my brain cells? If yes then I'm buying one pretty soon!

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just got a call from my friend in chennai .. he is getting me a Cube from Funskool.. I think he said its abt 250 bucks...

I bought mine from Crosswords - the bookstore @ Bombay. Check out the toys section for it. They r good quality ones. Made in China n marketed by Funskool. Arnd 200 bucks.
:D

I remember playing with this when I was a child. Do you all think playing with it again will make me give exercise to my brain cells? If yes then I'm buying one pretty soon!

if you are new to Cubing then you will have to think abt making moves and think hard on how to solve it.. once you know how to solve the cube... the subconscious level kicks in and you will solve it with ease..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom