Rs.5000-6000/-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
I want to by best mobile in the budget of Rs.5000-6000/.
I preferred Nokia 3230, and Onida G620. But i have not find Nokia 3230 in market. some of them are saying it is not available in market.
My main motive is to By a symbian series 60 mobile- which is available in Nokia 3230.
Are there any other model available in this budget.
Sony ericsson is also wellcome.:)

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
K550i wil be some hundred bucks above ur budget n nokia 5300 shud fit in ur budget
nokia 6233 wil be again a bit out of range...... so u can take ur shot

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
After Moving around various models and suggested here, i am thinking about buying Nokia 5300.
But some confusion here:
* Can i install and use Opera mini any version on this model?
* can i use it as usb modem with my pc?
* It has FM recording facility or not?
I am waiting for these answers......................

Gauravs90

geek........
Yes you will be able to install the latest version of operamini.
You can also use it as USB modem via nokia pc suit.
It has FM but FM recording is not supported.
It's not s60 phone, it is s40

aritrap

Mobile Addict
Nokia 5300 is a good choice. I am using it myself. Which service provider are u using? If u are using Airtel and will be using NOP to connect to net, visit my site(hotshot05.page.tl) and download a file without which u wont be able to surf in Opera mini with NOP. If u will be using Vodafone or BSNL or Idea GPRS or Airtel MO, u dont need to use that file.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Thanks guys for your suggestions.
@aritrap: By the way my current service provider is Idea. But thank you very much to tell me about that file. I will surely try your file in the future if i shall use Airtel.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Bro,

Add some bucks and get any symbian 3rd edition series Feature Pack 1, from nokia. It will never let you down.

If budget is your problem then I recommed to wait lil bit and manage the same.

By the way its urs choice but s60 rocks.

Regards,

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Hello, Now i have bought Nokia 5300 XpressMusic in 6000/-.
But as i asked here previously, opera mini in unable to install.
while try to install it gives result in the last: Connection Failed.
While its inbuilt browser is running fine. It is also working good as Usb modem with my computer.
So please help here for configuring and installing Operamini on it.
Also tell me from where i can set its proxy setting manually(service provider is Idea).

Edburg

In the zone
^^ for me when using airtel live,i can access internet only thru default browser and not in other java apps....thye only work in aitel gprs in my 6233...

may be the same case with ur idea provider...ask their customer care

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^It's another thing that you can use only default browser.
But for me Teashark and Gmail app, both worked without any tweaking.

Amir.php said:
Hello, Now i have bought Nokia 5300 XpressMusic in 6000/-.
But as i asked here previously, opera mini in unable to install.
while try to install it gives result in the last: Connection Failed.

Is your gprs access point set as default for all apps. If no, set it as default for all applications.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
^^@ThinkFree: Yes My gprs access point set as default for all apps.
@Edburg: I dont think it is a Customer care problem. Because the same SIM card when i uses with My Sony Ericsson k310i, oera Mini and all internet related are working fine.
But here i am unable to understand Why Opera mini or any internet related application are refuses to run on Nokia.
When default browser is able to detect internet, what is the problem with operaMini?
Please Give Your suggesions to solve this problem!

bump...................

Bump............................:rolleyes:

Bump..
Bump
Bump.......................:eek:

Last edited:
OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Nokia 5300 is a good choice. I am using it myself. Which service provider are u using? If u are using Airtel and will be using NOP to connect to net, visit my site(hotshot05.page.tl) and download a file without which u wont be able to surf in Opera mini with NOP. If u will be using Vodafone or BSNL or Idea GPRS or Airtel MO, u dont need to use that file.
Friend i visit your site but there is no setting for IDEA please make IDEA setting APN -imis ,Proxy-10.4.42.15 ,Port- 8080 please help:confused:

puneets

Right off the assembly line
Onida is a new company in mobile area so nokia is a safer bet.However homeshop18 is giving good discounts on onida phones and i personaly liked onida G640 price and feature wise.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
^^ for me when using airtel live,i can access internet only thru default browser and not in other java apps....thye only work in aitel gprs in my 6233...

may be the same case with ur idea provider...ask their customer care

No it is not the problem of the service provide , in network settings for java applications remember to fill the APN address bar . For airtel mobile office the apn is airtelgprs.com
Now you can use net through java applications also .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom