Rokr vs w610i vs n73me

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
hey guys..help me out..i need to buy a phn but cannot decide on which one....

it has to be under rs 19000

my coices as u can see are rokr w610i and n73me..

i dnt really prefer nokia phns cos nokia tho is desireable in the beginnin it strts laggin in the days to cum....well sony is like spillin out the same sets fr the past year and ther is no hange watsoevr....this cam has autofocus tho and walkman 2...rokr on the other hand is acc to me a gud buy but the tiouchpad is a bit awkward fr smss...

ok...
now...
which has the best display??
which has he best sound??
whih has the best processor??

and if u wan u can lso add sum new phns..plzz help...hav to buy in a few days

plzz dudes help me out..

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
for music and sound quality its certainly sony erricson hence w610i
u might not like the display of w610i its resolution is low.rokr sucks.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the comparison is not actually correct. w610i compares wid the n70me and not n73me. so considering the 3, i suggest u buy n73me since its more sturdy than rokr. rokr used touch screen + keypad and hence demands proper care. but if u wanna spend less then w610i anyday!!! cheaper than both while not depriving u of any feature!

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
n7i3 doesnt have wifi...and its pic quality as i hav seen on comp is inferior to sony 2 mp with autoocus..the pics are grainy....and it hangs a lot wen used xtensively...wat bout the sound uality???if i go fr tht wat is my option??

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Nops it dont hav a Wifi,My money on N73 me anyday nothin beats that fone in that price range.Agree with AMD64 that N73 me is quite slow and sum times it hangs but dont agree with what he say bout de cam thing,N73's cam is much better then any SE 2MP cam(with autofocus) its eva better then K790's 3MP.

K

krazyfrog

I'd suggest W830i. It has great sound quality, good camera and has an excellent display. It also has Walkman v2.0 player and A2DP and comes with 1gb card.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
nope krazy...w830i doesnt hav a2dp..else wud hav gn fr tht fone...but peaple..m a teenager and i hate phns which lag...by the way....wch phn has the best display.rokr has an amazing display...

yogi_7272

Broken In
n73 cam is better than k750i ... i have both of these .. get n73 specially for that huge screen ..great for movie watching ..:)

also its cam is bit better than k790i at daylight shooting..

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
but guys.....my frnd has used the n73 and he says tht as tijme goes on it gts real slow...and the symbian phns are a magnet to viruses..

K

krazyfrog

It'll only get slow if you keep loading it with all the crap that you can get your hands on. Its how you use it decides whether it gets slow or not. I've used an N-Gage QD for 2 years and despite having one of the weakest processor it never slowed down even with a 1gb card. If you load your pc with unnecessary crappy softwares then it'll also get slow. Same is the case with smartphones.
About viruses you don't need to worry about them cause the Symbian S60 v9.1 doesn't have any viruses written for it yet. Newer phones like N73 have this OS. But viruses should never be a problem. If you use your smartphone smartly, you'll never get a single virus (i never got one in two years). One piece of advice is that if you want to buy a smartphone, you first gotta be smart yourself. Even the world's best smartphone in the wrong hands can cause problems.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^ thnx dude..awesum written..but u see..the n73 my frnd has wen i sued had nuthin pre installed.and still it was vry slow compared to rokr or sony

K

krazyfrog

Then it probably needs a firmware update. Its important to update the firmware as and when the latest version arrives to keep the phone in best possible condition. Its kinda like your duty. If you do your duty properly your phone will reward you with great performance.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ya....but is the nokia gud fr watchin videos...sony is crap i kno..but the n73 does nt support a2dp....thts a prob....and the sound..is it good???hw does it compare to sony??

K

krazyfrog

The display is quiet large and very good for viewing videos. Plus you can add app like SmartMovie which will allow you to watch divx/xvid files. Sound quality is also very good, but you have to use good quality headphones to experience it. Unlike SE, Nokia doesn't provide good quality headphones with the phone, they are mostly average in quality. I'll suggest you go for N73 ME. Its a great phone. You won't regret it. Everybody i know who have bought it is very satisfied with.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
thnx dude.......u really helped me....thnx...will b goin fr nokia...aacha if m goin for nokia..n73 me or n95??.....i mean....i can force my dad to buy me one..:D....or the n91 8gb..but do u think the 95 is worth it???or shud i spend the xtra money fr xbox as we r buyin an lcd...

p.s. dads really helpful this time as i havnt bought nethinf rthe ast few years...

K

krazyfrog

N95 is really an awesome thing to have. But as many people have found out unless you really gonna use all its feature you'll be wasting your money. Considering that N73 ME is more than capable of fulfilling your needs i don't think you need to spend more and buy something that you might not use fully. On the other hand saving the money and buying a xbox 360 seems like an excellent idea. In short my recommendation would be N73 ME+XBOX 360 :)

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
W830i is an excellent slider,it's A2DP compliant,

lacks 3G(compared to W850i) & unfortunately no autofocus in both.

NOkia N73ME is a good mobile,occasionally hangs,difficult to 'close' Music player once started even with latest FW! (Surprisingly there is no 'exit' option for music player!!)

Camera is really good in N73&ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom