Rokr vs w610i vs n73me

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksundar

Broken In
Is it true that when SE W800i was introduced it was not supporting A2DP but later SE announced latest Firmware will make W800i A2DP compliant???

Does W800i has Bluetooth v2.0?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
oval_man said:
but a firmware alteration can make a device support A2DP if it has BT v2.0!

jus a normal firmware upgrade won't do. first its gotta be ascertained whether it can provide the bandwidth required for a2dp. then the whole bluetooth stack has to be recoded which is really a big job! which is like putting BT support in a phone from scratch which doesn't haf BT support!! but again, this is not something impossible!

@ ksundar
no, there was no update issued and w800i doesn't support a2dp, neither does w810i.

plus, its not jus the BT unit that has to work, but even the processor has to do a lot of work. hence if the proc is not upto the mark then rewriting the whole BT stack and including a2dp support will be useless!

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
n7i3 doesnt have wifi...and its pic quality as i hav seen on comp is inferior to sony 2 mp with autoocus..the pics are grainy....and it hangs a lot wen used xtensively...wat bout the sound uality???if i go fr tht wat is my option??

Hmmm , did u do a comparison ??

And about the "hang" problem ,.. i think its related more to the users rather than the phone itslef ...

And about A2DP ... guys u even consider the battery life of the phone using a bluetooth headset ??? I think it'll be reduced to under 2 hours easily .. lol ..

N73 ME is the better choice over W610i and ROKR E6 ... u can look around for RIZR Z8 ... or simply avoid the confusion and get the N73 ME ..

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
In a simplified approach:

Bluetooth works by transmitting Radio Frequency

BT has 3 classes(to determine the power & the length of transmission,class1 to 3) and 5 specifications (BT 1.0 & 1.0B to 2.1)

BT 2.0 has faster transmission speed than 1.2,less power consumption,more bandwidth and less chance of error connection.

Bluetooth chip-set contains:

Radio MOdule
Baseband link
BT core
Codecs
Flash memory
Crystal reference regulator

By altering the BT core,flash memory and codecs we can organize different profiles including A2DP.

Thus A2DP can be included in almost all specifications (many BT 1.2 mobiles support A2DP e.g. Nokia 8800 has BT 1.2 and supports A2DP after FW V3.94 or newer).

Firmware upgradation needs good amount free RAM and Efficient processors.For e.g when 'imate Jasjar' was introduced with Windows MObile 5.0 and AKU 2.0 it was not supporting A2DP.BUt when ROM update (similar to FW upgrade) with AKU 3.0 and above makes jasjar A2DP compliant.Remember jasjar has an INtel processor of 520MHz.

Similarly many nokia mobiles like 6131,6233,6280 became A2DP compliant after FW upgradation (source:h**p://www.robertwebbe.nl/A2DP.html)

MY AIM IS NOT TO DEGRADE TO ANYONE,JUST TO SPREAD WHAT I HAVE LEARNED,

IF YOU THINK I AM WRONG,KINDLY CORRECT ME TOO,

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^^ no dude its fine...its awesum...neways but i compare the n
3 and 5700...theyu are both smartfones..5700 has beter audio playback and has a n inferior cam to n73....and it has sumbian 9.2 seie included..and best of all it supports a2dp..i can always buy an s9 and listen to musi..and byu the way bluetooth dioesnt decrease the battwery life of thes et..all a2dp moiles are made tht way tht hey do do not succumb to wiorreless music

hey dude..bought the 5700..its cool...can u suggest me sum cool softares..as m new to nokia

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

Congrats! How much you paid for it? Btw if you want wireless headphones, don't go for S9. Their quality is not so good. Instead go for SE DS970 or Nokia BH-501.

assasin

Banned
@amd64 congrats dood! how to u find the fone to be?even i'm thinking of buying one.how good is the display,sound quality & cam?anything new and better in OS9.2?is the UI fast and better than previous Symbian fones?

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ok...here goes a review of my 5700..
let me divide thereview into parts

speed-the phone is vry fast....u wont find ne lags in the phone..the menus works very fast and applications cu up i a jiffy...the phn itself takes only 2 secs to boot..

camera..tha camera is awesu wen clicked in daylight..but the quality of pics detoriates wen used in low light and artificial light conditions....video qualiy is quite good...

music-being a xpressmusicphone...one xpected the music to be very good..but m sorry to say tht the sound is nt tht gret..the loudspeaakers ar crap..it is vry weak and there are no bass effects in the phone...the headphns provided are crap....i have tried a sennheiser serie headphn..the mounted uns...but m waiting to use the sony walkman serie headphns with them....a bit dissapointedwith the music tho...sony wins here easily...but let me just check the sound with the headphones provided my sony,...then i will update..and ya the equalizer has been tweaked a bit..u can hav manual settings now in ur phn....but i hav seen the sound gets bttr wen u pull all the frequencies to the highest....

display-the display is awesum....it is too good to be true..16 million colors..the screen just oozes clarity..the best i hav seen fr a long time..pictures viewed it stand out like nething..the videosviewed it it provide awesum clarity..

others-the phone has a2dp and i tested the sound with my frnds s9..blv it or nt..it sounded awesum.....m looking frwrd to it....also the applications provided are cool...it has gps wer u can load maps and stuff.....i installed an office application thru wch u can view dos and all....thts bout it dudes...anything u wanna kno bout this phn can post here...

assasin

Banned
^^^ did u try to download something thru MO from ur 5700?if yes then wat max speed did ya get?
if it provides gr8 d/l speed (cuz it has EDGE Class 32) then i'll the fone next week.
do u think that 5700 will be good upgrade after using 5500?

Last edited:
OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^ya dude sure....5500 and 5700 are two diff phones..5700 has bttr sound playback than ne other nokia phones and is comparable to sony in terms of bass effect....and it has a n aweusm screen a superb processor...and wat not..its an awesum phone..i feel barring the 5mp cam and wifi...and mayb gps(it also supports bluetooth gps..duno wat it is tho..u can load maps here)...it is quite comparable to the n95

assasin

Banned
^^^ 5500 & 5700 support bluetooth gps devices bt N95 & 6110 Navigator hav hardware interated GPS.now i've to decide between 6110 navigator and 5700.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
can neone tell me wer to buy a2dp headphns in kol..no one seems to stock..and is he s9 or the bh 501 the one to gt??

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
awesum deal mate..gt it..only the software is a bit weak...hangs...but thwe video quality(not recording) and sound is too good..gt urself a pair of gud qua headphns to..

spidyweb

Broken In
the only thing I can say is forget about moto rokr.its really a worst phone among what I have seen arround for last 2-3 years.they call it multitasking phone.Have you tried playing a game or any application while a song is being played at the backend.it says low memory.It has 1 gb of memory card but phone memory is too low and thats too occupied with its OS.IT hangs a many times without any definite reason.My friend recently bought it thats why I can say all these with confidence and whats shown in the famous AD(the stereo bluetooth headset) doesn't come bundled.You have to pay another 3000 bucks for that.My friend once faced a typical problem with the Motorokr.He once called customer care(IVR) and he was asked to enter 1/2 or 3 etc.But there is no keypad to enter that and he couldn't find the onscreen keypad during the call.After that I don't know if there is really an option to get the onscreen keyboard during a call..as I personally didn't try it.
But in the end a phone with such a price really sucks............

ayush3090

Right off the assembly line
hey guys im gonna buy 5700 2moro

and i just sold my 3250

could some1 plzz compare the sound quality (both loudspeaker & earfones)
between n73,3250 and 5700

thnx in advance

unction __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(strCallbackEvent, true, true);}if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;}}}}if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(event);}function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-coord-callback', 5, func);}function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-js-url-callback', 3, func);}function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];};__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom