ROKR E8 vs I450 vs 5320 vs w890i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Can't comment on other phones, I have E8 so I will comment on that.

1) How hard is it to understand it is a music phone? It does only music and does it with aplomb and nothing else.

2) Why do you want a state of the art camera in a music phone? I certainly don't.

3) Yes it has Linux and with this phone Motorola has started its MOTOMAGX platform journey. It is not modifiable like E6 (not yet) **

4) The hapstic keypad was the main intention of Motorola on this phone and it rocks! Using the wheel betters every touchscreen and buttons.

5) S9 is not bundled with it, but I use the S9 of E6 and it works fine.

6) Wallpapers and themes are not yet out for this phone, although wallpapers can be resized and created on the PC for it.

7) Please don't ever jump into conclusions and buy this phone. If music is your forte, then you may try.

**Motorola has released the development studio to create your own apps for the MOTOMAGX platform for both Linux and Windows. If you can program or have the interest, you can build your own apps.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Symbian does not make any diffrence to me :|

and MOTO ROKR GOT linux na ?

i am very confused rokr only targeted on music and nothing else ?

i will go and see all of them in mobile store tomorrow !@!

btw no one got S9 bundled with E8 ?

ROKR E8 doesnt come bundled with S9.it comes with portable spkrs.if u want stereo bt handsfree then go 4 ROKR U9.music quality is same as E8.

Tamoghno

Padawan
One question arising on my mind is how well rokr handles large memory cards with lots of music ? The rokr i tested had only about dozen songs and it didn't seemed to have very fast interface ( it was still pretty fast , but just a little slower compared to s60/walkman player ) . I'm curious to know does the speed decreases with more songs like say 4gig of songs.

PS. : i'm not underestimating rokr , its a great music phone . But i still cant get over the horrible memory of first rokr days, the E398.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
One question arising on my mind is how well rokr handles large memory cards with lots of music ? The rokr i tested had only about dozen songs and it didn't seemed to have very fast interface ( it was still pretty fast , but just a little slower compared to s60/walkman player ) . I'm curious to know does the speed decreases with more songs like say 4gig of songs.

PS. : i'm not underestimating rokr , its a great music phone . But i still cant get over the horrible memory of first rokr days, the E398.
It handles pretty well, I'm using 8GB sandisk having 2.6Gb of music and 4Gb of movies and it runs smooth as ever. The only thing is you have to leave it to initialize (about 10 secs) all that data in the Music Player mode, when you switch it(the phone) on or unplug from mass storage state.

Edit: I forgot about the inbuilt 2GB, so make that 10 :p

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

well as Hitboxx has already mentioned the rokr fones dont slow down when used with a 8GB mem card.
the only thing that i didnt like is that u cant use the Bass Boost and the Eq at the same time.

OP
krates

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
**Motorola has released the development studio to create your own apps for the MOTOMAGX platform for both Linux and Windows. If you can program or have the interest, you can build your own apps.

Can you show me a website having E8 appz ..

And for the java stuff many of the games will run but because of it's awkward screen resolution i will have to find hard for diffrent resolutions :|

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i think the E8's keypad will also create probs in gaming.if u want gamin then u can buy Nokia 5320 XM.even i'm thinking of buying it on Tuesday.

Tamoghno

Padawan
What's the exact price of current price of 5320 ? And what memory card it comes with ?
Specwise the phone looks very promising . But i'm yet to see this model

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
from wat i got to know from the dealer, its supposewd to be priced @ around 10k.
sud come with 1/2GB cards.
Audio quality is supposed to be better than the N82/N95 8GB.

Last edited:
OP
krates

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
lol i actually decided on a PSP now

now 5320 ads are showing up on tv i will go to mobile store tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom