Rizwanur Rehman was brutally murdered. Help the poor family get justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
*lovesragpicker.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/rizwanur-2.jpg *lovesragpicker.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/rizwanur.jpg
He was my teacher. I was a student at Arena Multimedia and Rizwan sir taught us Adobe Photoshop and stuff. He was a very jovial person, always very helpful and was loved by every single student. He had a special affection for me. Whenever he used to demonstrate effects on text, he’d use “Aayush Arya” as the sample text (or sometimes, being a fan of Ram Gopal Verma, he’d use “RGV”).

I could not believe my ears when one of my former classmates informed me that Rizwan sir was dead and that he had been brutally murdered. It was a shock of gigantic proportions. The sheer pain and anger I’d felt at that moment cannot be expressed in words. I’ve not even deleted his name from the address book on my phone and the one text message he once sent me (telling me that he liked the new Spider-Man movie) has now become the first “Saved Message” on my cellphone. Meager though they are, they still serve as tiny remembrances for the great person who’d once existed in my life and whom I’ve now lost forever.

Rest in peace, sir. I hope and will pray that your death is avenged and your soul rests in peace. May God bless your family and give them the strength to leave the pain behind and live life with the memories of the happy times they’ve shared with you. Thank you for all that you’ve given to me! I’ll never forget you.

Yours sincerely,
A loving student. :cry:

He was murdered. He was first assaulted and then ruthlessly pushed in front of an oncoming train. Why? For falling in love and daring to marry a girl, one whose parents were strictly against such a relationship because his social and financial status was much inferior to theirs and because he was a muslim.

It only takes a second. Please digg this!

To read up the whole story of his murder, visit this page: Life…is elsewhere, not here: Rizwanur Rehman

And this one too.

His orkut profile and deviantART homepage.

If you really want to help, post this same thing on every Indian forum you visit, blog about it, refer the digg page to people. Spreading an awareness about this issue on the national level will help us get justice for sir and hopefully, prevent such sins from happening in future. Together we can make a difference. Please support me on this one! Thank you!

Update: Please spare a moment to sign this petition.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
One student posted in his scrapbook on 18th September:
Happy Vishwakarma Day Sir...
Sab Kheriat hai to ?
Little did he know that the person whose health he was so worried about had already been dead for two days. :(

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
this is really really sad :(

there was a thread somewhere: "I am ashamed of india's traditions/customs" or something like that. to that i'd like to say, i'm ashamed of living in a society that does this:
He was murdered. He was first assaulted and then ruthlessly pushed in front of an oncoming train. Why? For falling in love and daring to marry a girl, one whose parents were strictly against such a relationship because his social and financial status was much inferior to theirs and because he was a muslim.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Gandhi thought that this nation was slave to Britishers, little did he ever thought that we are slaves of our own social system.

I wonder that great man could not understand few basic things about our nation.

Its a shame to our social system/police system/& the political goons who rule this country & above all to the people who let the system function like this.

narangz

Web developer
I feel ashamed of Indian customs & I am no longer proud of being an Indian. Why should I be?
Is this Shining India? :mad:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Now just wait a minute, Vishwakarma Day in September, does it not come after Diwali!

Not that I am undermining the death or something but may be this fallacy could be of some help.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ranjan2001 said:
I wonder that great man could not understand few basic
when he was alive, things were different. its no use blaming him. we are to blame ourselves!

offtopic: yes, vishwakarma day comes during diwali.

karnivore

in your face..
And imagine, the police commissioner even went a step further. When asked why did police interfere in a private affair, he bluntly replied, " Then who would ? PWD ?"

What more can u expect from a force which is run by such a dumbass.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
He actually commented on Sir's "social and financial status" and its disparity with the Todis'. When asked whether he thought Sir would have survived had the police handled this case in a more professional manner, his reply was an offhanded, "That's your problem."

The sheer audacity of it is driving me nuts. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom