rig for using maya adn adobe cs5 suite

techinewbei

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:will b using MAYA and ADOBE CS5 for animation purpose

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans:RS 100000

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans:yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans:windows 7 ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans:2TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans:i want a 26" or more LED monitor with the best possible resolution

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans:i dont want optical drive or keyboard mouse or speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans:within MAY first week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans:i can build it

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans:eek:disha, i will prefer buying from local market bt if nt avilable i will go for online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans:i can add mor 10 k if needed ,is it possible to addd a 120 hz monitor within this budget

please help me guys im getting confused i tried to get one

processor------i7 2700k
motherboard---Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
graphics-------MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
ram-----------3x Corsair Vengeance 4GB Single Module DDR3 Kit
psu-----------Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850W
case----------Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis

please suggest me with same or new configuration

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i7 2600k|18600
CPU Cooler |Noctua NH-U12P-SE2|3750
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3R|12200
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL|3050
Graphic Card |ATI FirePro V5900|32000
HDD |WD Green 2TB|8000
PSU |Corsair HX850|10000
Case |CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0 version)|5500
Monitor |BenQ GL2750HM|18600
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
| Total |107000

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
Processor - AMD FX 8150 @ 15k
Mobo - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX @ 14k
RAM - Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL @ 3k
Graphic Card - ATI FirePro V5900 @ 32k
HDD - WD Blue 2TB @ 10k
PSU - Corsair HX850 @ 10k
Cabinet - Corsair Carbide 400R @ 5k
Monitor - BenQ GL2750HM @ 18k
UPS - APC 1.1KVA @ 4k
Total @ 111k

You can change the mobo to Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 which will cost you 9k. This will save you 5k. Spend them in a good CPU cooler like Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (2k).

Last edited:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
A Advice : Never Buy WD green ... they are bad they are not even performance hdds ,they are for some power saving thing and as OP is Using 3d apps a good and fast storage device is recommended better go for wd blue or seagate .

OP
T

techinewbei

Broken In
Processor - AMD FX 8150 @ 15k
Mobo - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX @ 14k
RAM - Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL @ 3k
Graphic Card - ATI FirePro V5900 @ 32k
HDD - WD Green 2TB @ 8k
PSU - Corsair HX850 @ 10k
Cabinet - Corsair Carbide 400R @ 5k
Monitor - BenQ GL2750HM @ 18k
UPS - APC 1.1KVA @ 4k
Total @ 109k

You can change the mobo to Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 which will cost you 9k. This will save you 5k. Spend them in a good CPU cooler like Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (2k).

i prefer intel one i dont want a amd processor

OP
T

techinewbei

Broken In
HDD |WD Green 2TB|8000
PSU |Corsair HX850|10000
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
| Total |107000

can u suggest ne nvidia graphics in place of amd one .?within 30 k

HDD |WD Green 2TB|8000
PSU |Corsair HX850|10000
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
| Total |107000

can u suggest a nvidia card within 30k in this place...
and i want 12gb of ram does Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D suport triple channel?

A Advice : Never Buy WD green ... they are bad they are not even performance hdds ,they are for some power saving thing and as OP is Using 3d apps a good and fast storage device is recommended better go for wd blue or seagate .

thank you i will keep that in mind..thanq

If you don't want the WD Green 2TB, then buy two WD Blue 1TBs. It will cost you around 10000.

can u suggest ne nvidia graphics in place of amd one .?within 30 k

AMD FirePro GPUs are much better than Nvidia Quadro GPUs for non-gaming purposes. Stick with this.

and i want 12gb of ram does Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D suport triple channel?

12 GB kit is for X58 mobos that run triple channel. They have 6 slots. If you run those in a Z68 mobo (or any 1155 socket mobo), 2 sticks will be in dual channel and one will be in single channel. I recommend that you either have 2 sticks or 4.

Last edited:
OP
T

techinewbei

Broken In
If you don't want the WD Green 2TB, then buy two WD Blue 1TBs. It will cost you around 10000.

AMD FirePro GPUs are much better than Nvidia Quadro GPUs for non-gaming purposes. Stick with this.

12 GB kit is for X58 mobos that run triple channel. They have 6 slots. If you run those in a Z68 mobo (or any 1155 socket mobo), 2 sticks will be in dual channel and one will be in single channel. I recommend that you either have 2 sticks or 4.

can i go for ne high end gaming cards like gtx 580 or even 680 if possible in my budget because some where i read that there is not much noticble change in professional cards as compare to these high end gaming cards is it true ?
and does all the features of gamings card comes in professional cards.
i play a lot of games so it will b gud if i can find a card that can well suffice me in gaming and in my work also

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
can i go for ne high end gaming cards like gtx 580 or even 680 if possible in my budget because some where i read that there is not much noticble change in professional cards as compare to these high end gaming cards is it true ?
and does all the features of gamings card comes in professional cards.
i play a lot of games so it will b gud if i can find a card that can well suffice me in gaming and in my work also

That is not true.
Professional Cards will blow the socks off of a Radeon or a Geforce. Although in a detailed review I saw that RV770 based Firepro was only about 5-30% off the pace of a Radeon card.

Stick with pro card dude!

If you'll be gaming a lot as well, then I'd suggest you go for MSI R7970-2PMD3GD5 @33500. This is much better option than GTX680, since HD7970 has loads better computing performance and will play games at ultra settings and ultra resolutions too.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Only thing I suggest is Go for Intel CPU and Professional GPU Card..

Intel beats AMD in performance. As I have used both AMD and INTEL for that type of work(3D and Adobe Apps).

Gaming cards gives priority to speed while processing where as Professional cards give priority to quality.

Professional Cards Drivers are optimized to work more efficiently for that type of Apps.

Previous Generation cards(I only know about nvidia) still had good drivers(no way near professional cards) but current generation Drivers not good at all to work for that apps.

So go for intel cpu and Professional cards and as much ram as possible. one more thing I might suggest if affordable go for two monitor setup.. You know if you have used any of that apps then you need lot of screen space.

First primary monitor be with IPS panel with size 23-26 and second any ordinary 20 inch will also do.

And if you are in Sculpting and Digital Painting then you should also look for intuos or cintiq.

clmlbx

Technomancer
one more suggestion buy 2 Hard disk, like if you want 2 TB then buy 1+1 TB as that will definitely have performance edge then single hard-disk plus I don't know if you want to use adobe video editing products but if you do then performance can be increased if you have scratch disk(another hard-disk then your primary one which has OS and app installed).

OP
T

techinewbei

Broken In
Only thing I suggest is Go for Intel CPU and Professional GPU Card..

Intel beats AMD in performance. As I have used both AMD and INTEL for that type of work(3D and Adobe Apps).

Gaming cards gives priority to speed while processing where as Professional cards give priority to quality.

Professional Cards Drivers are optimized to work more efficiently for that type of Apps.

Previous Generation cards(I only know about nvidia) still had good drivers(no way near professional cards) but current generation Drivers not good at all to work for that apps.

So go for intel cpu and Professional cards and as much ram as possible. one more thing I might suggest if affordable go for two monitor setup.. You know if you have used any of that apps then you need lot of screen space.

First primary monitor be with IPS panel with size 23-26 and second any ordinary 20 inch will also do.

And if you are in Sculpting and Digital Painting then you should also look for intuos or cintiq.

thanq that a gr8 hlp
ya im going with two monitor setups i have one already
yes i do lot of digital paintings and sculpting i was also looking for pen tablet
thanx for that suggestion.

ok i will hav two hard disks ,1TB each

wht iz cost of intuos or cintiq can u please specify the exact model no. ,i want a medium or large size .

clmlbx

Technomancer
well "intuos" is "Wacom company's" model name for professionals, cintiq is touch screen monitor to draw directly on screen. same from Wacom

Intuos will cost around 22-25K and cintiq cost around 1 lakh I believe, but price depends on size so if you buy smaller size (width) then it will be cheaper.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
X79-UD3(16.5k) + i7-3820(17k) + 8x4GB 1600MHz (10k)

i7 3820 Overclocks to 4.625GHz. Instead of going for the extremely risky Raid0 go for a ramdisk using more ram. will cost about same but is much faster and much safer!!

Top Bottom