Resuming downloads in firefox

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I want to download a rom file from some site. It's size is in gb's. Due to the slow bandwidth of my internet connection I will be able to do that in a couple of days since the rom is not available on torrents. I tried few download managers and they do not resume the download from where I pause it. Some started it from scratch and the others only had a few % completed even though about 50% of the file completed downloading. Is there any good software which can help me out?

Regards

meetdilip

Computer Addict
See if you can get them via torrents. Some servers does not support resuming downloads. If that is not the case, something is wrong with your download manager.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Guys,

I want to download a rom file from some site. It's size is in gb's. Due to the slow bandwidth of my internet connection I will be able to do that in a couple of days since the rom is not available on torrents. I tried few download managers and they do not resume the download from where I pause it. Some started it from scratch and the others only had a few % completed even though about 50% of the file completed downloading. Is there any good software which can help me out?

Regards

If the files are on 3rd party file sharing web hosts you can't do much as they don't offer resume capability /or very limited resume capability for files downloading with free downloads. If you really need the files you have to buy an account there to get benefits like resume capability even if your IP / time slot changes. One more thing you can do is try some premium link generator for the particular file sharing website ... google for how to do it as there's many websites for this.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Well I am trying to download NFS Carbon iso file for PS from coolrom and from emuparadise. I don't know whether their servers support resume downloading or not. I tried many times say the file was downloaded 50% before I paused it and then it started from 28% or sometimes from 0% when I resumed it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well I am trying to download NFS Carbon iso file for PS from coolrom and from emuparadise. I don't know whether their servers support resume downloading or not. I tried many times say the file was downloaded 50% before I paused it and then it started from 28% or sometimes from 0% when I resumed it.

Don't pause it then.
Emuparadise shows "Resume Capability: Unknown" so its better to assume they don't give resumable links. Try to transload the file to a third party server which provides resumable downloads like mediafire.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Don't pause it then.
Emuparadise shows "Resume Capability: Unknown" so its better to assume they don't give resumable links. Try to transload the file to a third party server which provides resumable downloads like mediafire.

How to transload the file to a third party server?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
How to transload the file to a third party server?
once you start downloading the file, pause it, copy the file's link, stop the download, login to mediafire, select upload file -> from web, paste the link there, select save location and click upload/ok

Seems easy enough right?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
once you start downloading the file, pause it, copy the file's link, stop the download, login to mediafire, select upload file -> from web, paste the link there, select save location and click upload/ok

Seems easy enough right?

When I paste the download link from coolrom( Need for Speed - Carbon - Collector's Edition ROM (ISO) Download for Sony Playstation 2 / PS2 - CoolROM.com ) to Mediafire upload from web, it shows save as name Uknown_swufk.upload. What to do next? Last question dear I am using DownThemAll extension in Firefox. Is it good enough?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
When I paste the download link from coolrom( Need for Speed - Carbon - Collector's Edition ROM (ISO) Download for Sony Playstation 2 / PS2 - CoolROM.com ) to Mediafire upload from web, it shows save as name Uknown_swufk.upload. What to do next? Last question dear I am using DownThemAll extension in Firefox. Is it good enough?
Have you tried renaming the file?

Top Bottom