***requesting config. for a multimedia pc***

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
My answers are in red
its the PSU.link,mr.toad,,,...
Superb 460 - GIGABYTE
its been advised from chip forums. they suggested this for a 5670hd plus same config.

oh! My bad. I didnt realise you were speaking of PSU.
Yeah, gigabyte superb is a good choice, same as FPS SAGA II 500W @ 2.2K, for low-mid ranged gcards like 5670hd.

in my place, the assembler(got nice reputation here) puts up just 1800 bucks worth 512mb graphics cards and 2300 bucks worth 1gb card. how come the guys having those cheap ones play games. i have seen many playing nfs-carbon type games.hows tat possible.

Do you know that carbon can run pretty much easily on IGP? That is free of cost. What screen were they playing on 15"? 17"?
Do one thing, take Crysis to your assembler and ask him run it on that 2000rs Gcard. And watch him as he leaks his skirt and comes up with shameless reasons like,'arre game ke setup me problem hoga. Etc.etc.
Trust me, guys here know that they are talking about.

then when i asked for pc quotation, he has just put up 700 bucks for both cabinet and psu.i dont think anybody comes back wit problems.its a regular thing happening.

i myself have not faced any problems wit my faithful 4 years old local psu, but i cannot emphasis more on how important a good psu is. Remember, it ever psu fails, it can take gpu/mobo along, if not the whole rig.
Regarding cheap cabbi, you might as well keep your mobo in cardboard box. Cheap 500-600rs cabbies dont create any nuisance as such, but imagine your 30k worth gold kept in something that resembles a steel shoe box. Trust me, they are very very small.
I'd suggest you to atleast go with Zebronics Bijli @ 1.2k as the last resort. Also, airflow is an important factor to consider while buying a cabbie.

he strongly opposed( ie did not recommend) AMD even though i asked for AMD phenom2 x4 first.he told in future i may not get compatible mo.bo for AMD,and he pointed out the AMD heating issue.(in tamilnadu i have heard many saying amd-no.). but here in forums,many recommend amd. i could not understand y?
I have laughed so many times on such foolish 'experts' thats i dont find it funny anymore.
Ok, just ask that assembler two questions.
1st. What socket do the athlon II and Phenom II use?
Answers.
1st. AM3

I can crack thousands of such really really bad jokes on shopkeepes/dealer
who try to sell their overpriced underperforming old stock of intel core2duo and shamelessly earn profit with old timer cliches like 'heating problems' and bad performance from AMD. Go to anandtech website and see their benchamarks, take a print of page comparing his suggested 6k processor vs. our athlon II X4 635 @4.7k and show it to him.

Original msg edited.

Last edited:

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
hi mr.toad,

is athlonII x4 635 better in performance than core i3 530? the latter has L2 cache 4mb but former has only 2mb. is the quadcore more important than cache memory?

are you sure about the mobo model you gave?i think its 880gma ud2h Or 880ga ud3h u wanna quote.

i m thinking to give up 5.1 speakers. i dont think its damn essential , is it not?give your opinion,also suggest me a nice 2.1 speakers with fine bass in 2-3k budget please.

I posted one anandtech website, check it out throughly for yourself.
Hope it helps you set your mind.
I might have mistaken my mobo name. I'l check it out and let you know asap.
If you want a complete home threater experience, i'd urge you to get 5.1 set.
You can wait and save up some money if you cant afford it now.
Question - how big is the room in which you plan to keep your pc??
Still if you want, i'll look for a good 2.1 set. It'll take a bit of time as I am not so much of an audiophyle.
So let us just hope someone else suggests you something before I can.
I am 19 years old btw. Dont cal me Mr.toad.
Just toad will do as long as you bow and salute me.
Hehehe.

Last edited:
ah these assemblers ... all they know in graphics cards is 512 mb and 1gb ... they dont give **** about performance :D

You say u wanna game .. they will happily give you the outdated and cheapest 1gb card they have ... saying 1gb hai .. best hai ... sasta hai .. latest games chalega .. aajkal sab cards mein 1 gb rehta hai koi bhi le lo.. :D

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
hi mr.toad,

is athlonII x4 635 better in performance than core i3 530? the latter has L2 cache 4mb but former has only 2mb. is the quadcore more important than cache memory?

are you sure about the mobo model you gave?i think its 880gma ud2h Or 880ga ud3h u wanna quote.

i m thinking to give up 5.1 speakers. i dont think its damn essential , is it not?give your opinion,also suggest me a nice 2.1 speakers with fine bass in 2-3k budget please.

ah these assemblers ... all they know in graphics cards is 512 mb and 1gb ... they dont give **** about performance :D

You say u wanna game .. they will happily give you the outdated and cheapest 1gb card they have ... saying 1gb hai .. best hai ... sasta hai .. latest games chalega .. aajkal sab cards mein 1 gb rehta hai koi bhi le lo.. :D

Exactly,
"arre yeah 9500 1gb is better than 8800 512mb.."
sorry i got that wrong.
They cant speak such good english.

OP
K

kadirmkarthik

Broken In
Re: ***requesting config. for a multimedia pc*** GOING TO BUY IN 2 DAYS..

hi everyone,
very many thanks to all of u who have given me suggestions.
i have increased my budget to 55k and am going to buy the pc in one or two days. as per your suggestions and little bit of my searches i have finalised the following config.... please come forward to make corrections or critizisations so that i get a system which is value for money.... thanks again.(in advance).

proccy --- AMD athlon II x4 635 - 4.8k
mobo ---- gigabyte GA880GM-UD2H - 5k
RAM ---- 2 x 2GB 1333mhz - 4.2k ( hynix?)
HDD ---- 500gb seagate or western digital 7200rpm - 1.8k
monitor -- dell u2311h ips - 15k
ODD ---- LG 22x combo drive - 1.1k
keyboard n mouse -- logitech (basic ones) - 0.8k
cabinet --- CM centurion 5 II / nzxt gaurdian 921 RB - 3.5k/4k ( help me which one to choose)
PSU ---- corsair vx450 - 3.8k
GPU --- XFX ATI radeon HD 5770 1gb - 8.7k
APC --- APC Back UPS 1100 - 5.4k
totally it comes to 54k plus.

*RAM which one to choose- hynix, kingston, corsair, gskill?
* HDD which is best?
*cabinet , nzxt gaurdian worth buying? it has 3 fans included. then btw primeabgb is it reliable for buying online?

regarding speakers, i went for a demo in my place for onkyo HTS3300, got attracted to and have booked it. will be making my pc a HTPC.

i am expecting your comments.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Again 55K is a very good budget and you can put a lot of juice in that budget compared to your current configuration.

Modifying some of the components:
Phenom II X4 945 @ 6.5K ( 3 GHz, 2 MB L2, 6 MB L3)
MSI 880GMA-E45 @ 5.8k
Kingston 2X2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram @ 3.2K
Seagate 1 TB SATA @ 2.7K
Monitor: BenQ G2420HD @ 11.5K
keyboard n mouse -- logitech (basic ones) - 0.8k
corsair vx450 - 3.8k
ZOTAC GTX 460 768 MB @ 10.25K
Cooler Master Elite 430 @ 2.6k
APC Back UPS 1100 - 5.4k (its a overkill)

Total 52.5K. Get a 5.1 Channel Speaker with the rest of the money.
Reasons:
CPU: going to spend 55K, so go with Phenom II, simply give you better performance.
Mobo: Mobo with SATA 3 and USB 3 support. So more future upgradable.
Ram: Price has bee reduced these days. Kingston value ram is enough for your system.
HDD: Your budget permits you to go for 1 TB.
Display: Reduced the budget allocated for Display. This BenQ one is one of the best 24" monitor within 15K. A lot of Tech reviews have awarded it with best buy award (even digit)
GPU: Get the GTX 460 768 Mb version. Better than HD 5770 and offers CUDA and PhysX. And please try to avoid XFX if other options are available.
Cabinet: Don't need high range Cabinet for casual gaming or movie watching unless you have special attraction for that. Reduced it to accommodate other things

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
my suggestion -

AMD Phenom II x4 955BE @ 7.2k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1333MHz CL7 @ 3.7k
Sapphire HD6850 @ 11.2k
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.8k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k
Seasonic S12II 520W @ 4k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
DELL U2311H @ 14k
APC 1000VA @ 5k

Total - 54.3k

if you want speakers as cilus said get Benq G2420HD.

acewin

Point Blanc
HDD -- clearcut way none are the best. APC 1100 UPS is a overkill but certainly gives option of running more appliances.

gfx card you do not sound as extreme gamer or anything, so I think even HD5670 will come out good
cabinet -- Cooler Master Elite 430 @ 2.6k or NZXT GAMMA @ 2k or CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k
these are good cabinets and I do not think you will find spending 3.5 K on little higher model will do much good. a buck saved here gets used somewhere else

DELL U2311H @ 14k -- this is a display panel which comes out clear cut winner in everything whether it being low power consumption or nice color production.... so spending 3K more on it will be a benefit you wont realize by reading our comments. but if you decide on Benq G2420HD that too is a very good display panel .

friends help him out by coming out on one decision rather than giving varied responses

I see proccy from proccy --- AMD athlon II x4 635 - 4.8k to AMD Phenom II x4 955BE @ 7.2k. I think OP has decided on AMD athlon II x4 635, so rather keep that. he

as cilus has put a nice feature packed mobo comes out as more future proof

G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1333MHz CL7 @ 3.7k -- certainly are better than kingston

OP, when you post do put what you have finalized, this would help others in suggesting

OP
K

kadirmkarthik

Broken In
thanks a lot cilus,jas and ace.

*i chose athlonII based on anandtech and some other reviews who said there s no much of difference between the two if budget concerned. also i wanted to invest best on monitor,ups,speakers,psu,cabinet coz they will be stayin wit me for long. (when sandybridge,AM3+ mobo comes in, all these proccy n mobo here r lost.isnt it).
*btw, pl suggest me a gigabyte board with sata3 n usb3. i dont think they r commonly available tat too in chennai. if so give me the price.
*yes will go with gskill.
*regarding monitor i like to stick to ips as i cud see a lot of difference in colour reproduction between TN and IPS (youtube videos). then im mainly into movies than gaming.
*i chose centurion and gaurdian coz they come with 2/3 fans which is additional expense in elite 430.
*1.1kvs ups because i found it cheap than 800va APC in prime. may be its the old model.

more importantly, if my assembler denies r tells some products out of stock, i should go for online buy. in that case which online seller is most trust worthy?
but anyway i will refine the rig with your suggestions.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. can go with Athlon II X4 630/635.
2. Gigabyte GA-MA880GMA-UD2H have USB 3.0 as well as Sata 3.0
3. 2 extra fan (non-led) will cost 500 bucks more.
4. SMC or ITwares. & of course Prime.

OP
K

kadirmkarthik

Broken In
guys,
i have almost booked the system with my assembler.

i made few corrections from the config i described just before.
i asked for 880GMA-UD2H frm gigabyte so tat itll be future proof. then asked for corsair or gskill RAM, 800va APC ups, sapphire 5770 1gb, cooler master elite 430. rest all same.
btw,he is working out the price and availability of items and told me that he would call me when its all done for paying an advance amount.
hope everything comes out well.

Top Bottom