Recover photos from formatted drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balendra852

Right off the assembly line
I had virus in my C drive so I formatted it . By mistake all my precious photos in MY DOCUMENT folder got lost. Now I have reloded XP.Please guide as to how can I recover my lost photos???:-o

Try getdataback to recover your lost data.After install just type in file type , date modified ,size range and start searching .It will show you all files that are recoverable .If the data sector of your HDD where your photos were stored is not rewritten by some other data, then you have a reason to smile. You can easily recover them

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
A data recovery software will do it just select recover formatted data option from the software menu. (Please don't start threads which have already been discussed. you can see the context of earlier discussed threads in a thread itself in sticky threads)

y2j826

Journeyman
you can also use RECUVA as a free data recovery software and select PHOTOS in wizard section to recover your lost images.

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
+2 for GetDataBack

It has always helped me in the past. But I think your chances of recovery are minimal as you may have overwritten on the same data.
Nevertheless you can try.
GetDataBack will show you the condition of recovery for each file.

Shaly

Right off the assembly line
I feel for you Balendra852, I had the very same problem and lost tons of pictures I had on my D drive, now I always backup every single picture on my machine, I'm using Genie Timeline backup and its amazing! you can give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom