Recommend me some FPS / Racing / Strategy Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey guys,

I know there has been lots of discussion of fav games/all times games etc a lot.

Still i wanted suggestions based on my config ;)

I have :

C2D 6300, 7900 GS GFX , 1 GB RAM (667Mhz)

I havent played any games since couple of years so out of touch with any new FPS/Strategy based games..

My fav games are all cliched Hitman Series, Splinter Cell Series NFS MU, AOE II (Can't remember much), Tycoon movies (Even that was long time back).

I don't like much of scifi (Doom/Quake/Warcraft etc).

So would appreciate any suggestions on Action/FPS/Strategy/Racing games :D

If some game is absolutely "must have" and let me know about that too :)

Regards,

Third Eye

gooby pls
FPS:

COD4
Half Life 2, EP1 & EP2.
Bioshock
Crysis

Racing:

DiRT
Flatout 2

TPS:

Gears of War (Must play game:p)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Have you tried Hitman Bloodmoney yet? If not then please do that first.I got it completed yesterday & believe me it's been a joyride all throughout the game.That's one Hitman game which you can't afford to miss.Doesn't match upto Silent Assasin level but still way better than Contracts.Also the graphics are top notched.:D

Try Kane & Lynch Dead Men if you are into storyline based TPS games.Also Chronicles of Riddick Escape From Butchers Bay is a good FPS.;)

go4saket

Hey guys,

I know there has been lots of discussion of fav games/all times games etc a lot.

Still i wanted suggestions based on my config ;)

I have :

C2D 6300, 7900 GS GFX , 1 GB RAM (667Mhz)

I havent played any games since couple of years so out of touch with any new FPS/Strategy based games..

My fav games are all cliched Hitman Series, Splinter Cell Series NFS MU, AOE II (Can't remember much), Tycoon movies (Even that was long time back).

I don't like much of scifi (Doom/Quake/Warcraft etc).

So would appreciate any suggestions on Action/FPS/Strategy/Racing games :D

If some game is absolutely "must have" and let me know about that too :)

Regards,

Hey Dipen... Long time... So, hw r u... Ur choice isquite like mine...
Check *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84787 also...

Strategy Games:
  • Call of Duty 4 (Must Have)
  • Delta Force Black Hawk Down (Must Have)
  • Battlefield 2
  • Fuel Of War
  • Crysis (Must Have)
Racing Games
  • NFS Most Wanted (Must Have)
  • Dirt
BTW, as recommended by thirdeye, bioshock and gears of war are again sci-fi kinds. So I dont know weather or not you will like them.

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Have you tried Hitman Bloodmoney yet? If not then please do that first.I got it completed yesterday & believe me it's been a joyride all throughout the game.That's one Hitman game which you can't afford to miss.Doesn't match upto Silent Assasin level but still way better than Contracts.Also the graphics are top notched.:D

Try Kane & Lynch Dead Men if you are into storyline based TPS games.Also Chronicles of Riddick Escape From Butchers Bay is a good FPS.;)

Finished Bloodymoney in 9 hrs flat the same day of its release with 'Silent Assasin' in each mission :p

Hitman is the best game ever ;)

Kinda lose my interest in TPS :p if its not gripping still will checkout the story..

FPS:

COD4
Half Life 2, EP1 & EP2.
Bioshock
Crysis

Racing:

DiRT
Flatout 2

TPS:

Gears of War (Must play game)

Done with COD4 long time back :p

Havent checkd out HL 1,2

I dont think my system will support Bioshock/Crysis besides all the scifi and killing aliens and stuff with unrealistic guns etc.. I dont like all that ;)

Will checkout Dirt and Flatout 2 :)

Gears of War - I think i played it for a while and then got impatient :p so removed it. Is it First Person or Third ?

Strategy Games:
Call of Duty 4 (Must Have)
Delta Force Black Hawk Down (Must Have)
Battlefield 2
Fuel Of War
Crysis (Must Have)

Racing Games
- NFS Most Wanted (Must Have)
- Dirt

Black Hawk Down - How old is this ?

Am done with NFS MU when it was released :p Best NFS game ever ;)

Battlefield and Fuel of War - FPS ??

Btw i was planning on getting Rainbow Six Vegas 1 / 2 ?? - Any reviews...?

go4saket

RSV 1 is good... 2 is still to be released i guess... Battlefield and FOW are both strategy games...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Stalker, CMR, Condemned, Prey, DukeNukem, MAFIA, Vietcong, RTCW, DFBHD, System Shock, The Suffering etc.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Kinda lose my interest in TPS :p if its not gripping still will checkout the story..
Seems ironic if you have played & liked Hitman.;) Kane & Lynch is based on same engine as Hitman though heavily modified.Also the storyline is very gripping but doesn't have too much stealth involved as Hitman series.

Gears of War - I think i played it for a while and then got impatient :p so removed it. Is it First Person or Third ?
A TPS game but an excellent on at that.

Btw i was planning on getting Rainbow Six Vegas 1 / 2 ?? - Any reviews...?
R6V is a very good game indeed.You'll have to tweak the settings a bit for your rig though as it gave a tough time to my 7900GT @1280x1024 settings in outdoor firefights.The game is very poorly coded.But fun nevertheless.;)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Because i think so :p

Why u think it'll work flawlessly ?
It will for Bioshock & heck even for Crysis till some extent.The main thing which matters is the resolution that you plan to game at.If it's 1280x960 then yes it should easily work.Don't worry your system ain't bad at all.It will handle all recent games at normal settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom