Recommend a PSU

Need a PSU for this config:

Intel DG33BU

Intel C2Q 6600

3x 1GB Corsair XMS2

Msi 5770 Hawk

500 GB Hdd (Will add another 1TB soon)

Zebronics Bizli Cabby

My last PSU was GlacialStars 600A , a local brand.

I was thinking about getting this one :Seasonic S12II-520 520 Watts PSU @ 4k via Flipkart

Budget 3k.

May extend to 4k if highly necessary.

Definitely get the Seasonic one if you are totally sure you're gonna have a GPU upgrade in the near future.

But for this config, Corsair CX430V2 @2.5k is fine as well.

But, how much juice does my rig need ? Would a ~450W suffice or do I need ~500W ?

EDIT:
I checked out *extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine and *support.asus.com/PowerSupply.aspx?SLanguage=en

The 1st one says 306W and the Second one says 350W. I guess that ~430W should suffice as I don't want to upgrade anything this year. I will just add another HDD.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get it from here:-

SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Stick with 500W, you never know when you will need the extra juice.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
But, how much juice does my rig need ? Would a ~450W suffice or do I need ~500W ?

EDIT:
I checked out eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts and ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Recommended Power Supply Wattage Calculator

The 1st one says 306W and the Second one says 350W. I guess that ~430W should suffice as I don't want to upgrade anything this year. I will just add another HDD.

Stick with corsair and get the GS600 like jas mentioned. Should serve you well for future upgrades.:)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where are you guys getting GS600 for 4k? It's 4.4k in ITWares and 4.7 in Flipkart. And pretty much over Jojo's budget.

Ok, i'm choosing between Seasonic S12II-520 520 Watts and The Corsair GS600.

Either of these will fit inside the Zebronics bizli, I mean is there any difference in size ?

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
If you have a budget something like 4.6k then I will say go for Seasonic S12 II 620 watt psu@4.6k from theitwares.Its bronze certified 80+ psu with 5 years warranty.Efficiency is also better in it.BTW. GS600 has 3 years warranty
Corsair tx650v2~Seasonic S12II 620

SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

aadishvaar

Broken In

EDIT:
I checked out eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts and ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Recommended Power Supply Wattage Calculator

PSU like Corsair comes with 3 / 5 / 7 years warrenty on diff. models.
invest once in a good smps once & you will use it for years.
the lowest i can suggest is corsair GS 500.
you mayalso visit corsair site, where a utility is there to calculate your power requirement & models available.
Atlist get knowledge how much "Juice" your rig needs then go for any brand you like. if you have bigger budget (6-8K + , go for modular PSU - But it is just optional. Future proof - at this moment :-D )

Where are you guys getting GS600 for 4k? It's 4.4k in ITWares and 4.7 in Flipkart. And pretty much over Jojo's budget.

today my local dealer @Lamington road, mumbai quoted me Rs. 3650/- for GS500 & 6500/- For HX650 (modular, info for those who dont know :-D

check it out.

doomgiver

Warframe
looking at your specs, i think you are gonna upgrade sometime soon, amirite?

in that case, stick with gs600, or get a more powerful psu.

Top Bottom