Recommend a PC for Maya and After Effects

billamama

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: VFX, Video Editing and 3d Animation (For Learning and later freelance business / studio)

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 30000

4. Planning to over clock?
A: No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: any windows (32 bit / 64 bit ) whatever desirable for optimum performance.

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 250 gb (due to current price tag)

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 1600x900, 20” WIDE SCREEN

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:6

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: by an assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Next Monday (from G.C.Avenue)

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: no
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: no

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Ranaghat, yes from Kolkata.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: NIL

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD 3.3 GHz AM3 Phenom II 960T|6800
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H (rev. 3.1)|4000
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1193
Graphic Card |MSI R6670-MD1GD5 |5350
HDD |WDC 250GB Blue WD2500AAKX|3766
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |Corsair CX 430-V2|2200
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite|2300
Monitor |Dell IN2030M (20")|5850
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
UPS |APC 600VA|1800
| Total |35109

Imo you should save up and add 5k more to build a balanced setup for your purpose.
I was thinking of adding workstation card but they are expensive. 6670 should serve you well. I've suggested you a poerful quadcore processor that even might unlock into a 6 core cpu (chances are high). Just turn ACC( Advanced clock caliberation) on inside your motherboard bios.

Rest of the config is as per your requirement.

The config can be made close to 30k if add a triple core llano APU along with a55 mobo
but i feel that might be a bit insufficient for your usage. Processor has to be a bit powerful and 960t is the best for the price.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@jaskanwar,a 960T should work fine with a rev 3.1 880GM-D2H mobo especially if not unlocked to 6 cores & as op said no plan for overclocking.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@vickybat,i think jas was referring to unlocked 6 cores on a 960T which will make it more like a 125w tdp cpu or even more i think.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
@billamama thats a good suggestion by vickybat .
Maya and after fx both use many cores and require a good CPU but they also need a good amount of RAM for fast rendering , after fx doesnt still support gpu rendering so Graphics card doesnt matter a lot but yeah.. CPU and RAM does . So choose wisely .

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
@billamama thats a good suggestion by vickybat .
Maya and after fx both use many cores and require a good CPU but they also need a good amount of RAM for fast rendering , after fx doesnt still support gpu rendering so Graphics card doesnt matter a lot but yeah.. CPU and RAM does . So choose wisely .

are you suggesting not to buy gpu instead invest on CPU & RAM?

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD 3.3 GHz AM3 Phenom II 960T|6800
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H (rev. 3.1)|4000
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1193
Graphic Card |MSI R6670-MD1GD5 |5350
HDD |WDC 250GB Blue WD2500AAKX|3766
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |Corsair CX 430-V2|2200
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite|2300
Monitor |Dell IN2030M (20")|5850
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
UPS |APC 600VA|1800
| Total |35109

Imo you should save up and add 5k more to build a balanced setup for your purpose.
I was thinking of adding workstation card but they are expensive. 6670 should serve you well. I've suggested you a poerful quadcore processor that even might unlock into a 6 core cpu (chances are high). Just turn ACC( Advanced clock caliberation) on inside your motherboard bios.

Rest of the config is as per your requirement.

The config can be made close to 30k if add a triple core llano APU along with a55 mobo
but i feel that might be a bit insufficient for your usage. Processor has to be a bit powerful and 960t is the best for the price.

Which shop should I look for? Supreme/Vedant/any other please specify.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
well do get a GPU, as I dont know about Maya whether GPU has any effect on it . You can always increase RAM later you know if you feel rendering is a bit slow and you want faster result and as for processor 960T would work fine . I saw a comment on youtube where ILM (Industry light & Magic) said that RAM and hard disk are must for fast rendering .

But i think vickybat's rig suggestion is good to go.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
If op wants to unlock 960t then he can get the following :

ASUS M5A88-M @ 5.7k

It supports upto 140w cpu's and has a better vrm design.

Check here

Last edited:
OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
guys please specify which shop should I go and if all listed components are available at present, because I want to buy and assemble the config at shop and bring it back home on Monday.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@billamama,if you meant shops in kolkata only(no online shopping) then there are many members here from kolkata.just ask directly which places/locations in kolkata.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Which shop should I look for at G.C.Avenue Kolkata ( Supreme/Vedant/any other please specify)?.And tell me if all listed components are available at present, because I want to buy and assemble the config at shop and bring it back home on Monday.

@billamama,if you meant shops in kolkata only(no online shopping) then there are many members here from kolkata.just ask directly which places/locations in kolkata.

I asked but nobody answered yet! I'm going tomorrow please give some information guys :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
msg topgear(Digit Technology Discussion Forum)
cilus(Digit Technology Discussion Forum)
d6bmg(Digit Technology Discussion Forum)
tkin(Digit Technology Discussion Forum)
they are all from kolkata i believe.also take a look here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/shopping/98253-hardware-price-check-buying-advice-thread-kolkata.html

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
buy an X6 dude...

what is the point of a radeon card i dont understand its not meant for accelerating maya or any other professional software..

also if ur budget is less buy stuff from flipkart.com.. u can get a 6 month installment on purchase of above 4000/- and obly 500/- u have to pay as interest... this will probably help u increase ur budget by 4-5k.. as u dont have to pay atm... also prices on flipkart are very very reasonable.......

try this config -

X6 1055T - 7500/-

880GM-D2H - 3800/-

G. Skill 4GB - 1200/-

ATI FirePro V3800 - 7500/-

Corsair - CX430V2 -2200/-

Ze Bijli - 1200/-

WD 250GB - 3800/-

Asus DVDR/W - 1200/-

Dell IN-2030 - 5800/-

Logitech MK-200 - 650/-

Total - 33650/-