Rate my Presentation

What do you rate my presentation ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Please rate my presentation on the environment out of 10..

If there are any changes to be made, please tell me...

*www.wikifortio.com/844550/environment.ppt

No replies still ? Is it bad or is it good? Please offer suggestions.

I have to submit this by next week !

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
it can be made a lot better:

1. change the background
2. too much of text
3. the text formatting such as the word art on the slide doesnt look good ;)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Upload somewhere maybe at Scribd. Rapidshare is blocked in UAE and other countries.

OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Those who have problems downloading from rapidshare download here:

*www.wikifortio.com/844550/environment.ppt

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Too much text man. You know what when I make presentations I'm ruthless in cutting down words as much as possible. There won't be more than 15-20 words in a slide. But Seth Godin says any slide should not have more than 5 words!

Your presentation is enhance the way you communicate. If you want to add information, then prepare a report and submit, not a presentation.

pannaguma -
You might want to see this article in my blog.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
drgrudge said:
Seth Godin says any slide should not have more than 5 words!
with all due respect this depends on the topic ur presenting .... i mean for 10-15 mins if ur gonna speak on a topic which is really vast u cant have 10 slides with only 5 words

presentations for me is just to help my listeners to know what im talking about and not what im talking ;)

pannaguma

Turn The Page
drgrudge said:
pannaguma -
You might want to see this article in my blog.
thanx for the link. what i was asking for is why are these sites blocked? did any software company force the govt or something else?

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ As far as I know they blocked the sites for various cultural and religious reasons.
(Government thinks that people are shareing anti religious material on such file shareing sites.)

Flickr and YouTube is also blocked in UAE.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Yeah... there should be less words. The animation should be as less as possible. It should be somewhat same for all slides. And font size should be visible from a distance.

And, remember, people come to watch you present the article, not read it on screen. So just write points and headings on as many slides as possible.

Dipen01

Youngling
Are there any good tuts for making presentation ideal...ofcourse not ideal..but as good as possible..

well i did one presentation.. couple of months back...at college..!!

well my slides were terrible... i mean same thing...flashy..and lots of words..!! but my speech was convincing and interesting...plus topic was unique (Software Cracking: An overview)...so ppl were impressed..else i was totally sucked up

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
just simple rules:

the background should be elegant by that not too flashy or strong on the eyes
the background and images should blend and have good color combos
text should be as little as possible ....

and yeah the golden rule keep it simple

Last edited:

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Comments on your slides.

1. Like everybody said, trim your text contents if you are giving a on-stage presentation of that. You don't read from the slides. The slides should include only the keypoints with no more than 5/6 lines per slide.

2. Change your background image. The text at the lower part is hard to read because of the background graphics turned on(that brownish part). Use a smoother gradient or just plain color instead.

3. Try to avoid using any WordArt.

4. Support your slides with good quality images. You can get many images for your topic in google. See for example Air Pollution

5. Always leave a space after the bullets/numbering.

6. Be consistent with your slide transitions. Don't use too much of effects. A simple fade-in and slide effects will do. Check your transition timings.

Check the starting slide I have made.
*img14.imgspot.com/u/07/166/13/ppt.jpg

and the remaining slide template.
*img14.imgspot.com/u/07/166/13/ppt1.jpg
I prepared this background gradient from the original background pic in 1st slide. You can also use simple 2-color gradient that goes with the colors in the 1st slide background pic.

Good luck.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Dipen01 said:
Are there any good tuts for making presentation ideal...ofcourse not ideal..but as good as possible..

well i did one presentation.. couple of months back...at college..!!

well my slides were terrible... i mean same thing...flashy..and lots of words..!! but my speech was convincing and interesting...plus topic was unique (Software Cracking: An overview)...so ppl were impressed..else i was totally sucked up

Ummm... as far as I know its his homework project. He do not need to present it.

And hey I did the presentation a couple of months ago on a similar topic : Offline & Online Hacking. :D
{But honestly I prepared presentation for 7-8 groups.8) 8) }

OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
blueshift said:
Comments on your slides.

1. Like everybody said, trim your text contents if you are giving a on-stage presentation of that. You don't read from the slides. The slides should include only the keypoints with no more than 5/6 lines per slide.

2. Change your background image. The text at the lower part is hard to read because of the background graphics turned on(that brownish part). Use a smoother gradient or just plain color instead.

3. Try to avoid using any WordArt.

4. Support your slides with good quality images. You can get many images for your topic in google. See for example Air Pollution

5. Always leave a space after the bullets/numbering.

6. Be consistent with your slide transitions. Don't use too much of effects. A simple fade-in and slide effects will do. Check your transition timings.

Check the starting slide I have made.
*img14.imgspot.com/u/07/166/13/ppt.jpg

and the remaining slide template.
*img14.imgspot.com/u/07/166/13/ppt1.jpg
I prepared this background gradient from the original background pic in 1st slide. You can also use simple 2-color gradient that goes with the colors in the 1st slide background pic.

Good luck.

Hey..thanks lot !:D

Dipen01

Youngling
Quiz_Master said:
Ummm... as far as I know its his homework project. He do not need to present it.

And hey I did the presentation a couple of months ago on a similar topic : Offline & Online Hacking. :D
{But honestly I prepared presentation for 7-8 groups.8) 8) }

Well thats what i was asking..

any gud tuts for creating a presentation for Presenting.... I mean yeah the guidelines above were definitely helpful..but a formal steps and approach would help much more..

wont it ?

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Dipen01, heres ppt file that has presentation tips. I dont have the link from where I downloaded it. Hope it helps.
*www.MegaShare.com/205596

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom