RAMs not compatible with each other

ishanmeh

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I have a Intel D102GGC2 motherboard with Intel Pentium D 805 processor having core speed of 2.667 GHz.
I was using a 1GB of Dynet RAM (DDR2-667 MHz) earlier. Recently, I got a Transcend 2GB DDR2-667 MHz RAM with the intention of upgrading my RAM memory to a total of 3GB (1GB Dynet + 2GB Transcend).
Both of them work fine when used individually. However, when I use both of them together, the PC does not start. Hence, at a time, I can have only 1GB or only 2GB RAM.
Is there a spec that I missed to check while buying the Transcend RAM? Do both the RAMs have to be from the same vendor?
I have limited knowledge with h/w. Please tell me if any more info is needed.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, seems like a latency timing and issue.

@ OP - are you using the latest bios version ? if no upgrade it to the latest.

After installing both modules take out the big coin sized mobo battery out and place it back again after a couple of minutes and post back the feedback.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Hi,
Recently, I got a Transcend 2GB DDR2-667 MHz RAM.

I doubt its a 800MHz Ram with different timings from ur Dynet Ram

Ur board ony supports 2GB maximun system RAM and only DDR2 533 or DDR2 400 speeds are supported
Intel® Desktop Board D102GGC2 — System memory

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
timing mismatch. OR the 2nd ram slot maybe bad. about the ram speed, the faster one will clock down to the level of slower one.

@OP, if you don't know about timing, post CPU_Z screenshot of the memory tab using the different ram modules. this will let us know if the ram have different timing or what parameters are conflicting.

Tech&ME

Banned
timing mismatch. OR the 2nd ram slot maybe bad. about the ram speed, the faster one will clock down to the level of slower one.

It will not clock down in dual configuration. Only in single mode.

And OP --->

Your motherboard only supports 2 GB of maximum RAM see this Link

So, you will be only able to use :

1GB + 1 GB in dual configuration

or

2 GB in single configuration

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's the reason why he is facing the issue - he can only use 2GB mem max - so there's no question of using 3 GB ram - he should only use the 2 GB Transcend ram module.

Top Bottom