Rajeev Suri Appointed as Nokia's New CEO

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
He became CEO because no one in INDIA is gonna appoint him ! ..... no freaking opportunities. I curse myself to be born in this ********and ******* country.
I DO NOT LOVE INDIA I feel ashamed of telling some one(foreigner) about it. I m a traitor !!!!! ...
sorry for going off topic ..... just cant resist myself.

start your own venture.. ;)

Darth Vader

In the zone
He became CEO because no one in INDIA is gonna appoint him ! ..... no freaking opportunities. I curse myself to be born in this ********and ******* country.
I DO NOT LOVE INDIA I feel ashamed of telling some one(foreigner) about it. I m a traitor !!!!! ...
sorry for going off topic ..... just cant resist myself.

It doesn't make any sense.

Because no one is obligated to LOVE the Geographical location they were born/reside which in our case called "INDIA"
Someone said " Patriotism is a kind of religion; it is the egg from which wars are hatched."
Hence you're not a Traitor :D
Peace !

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Because no one is obligated to LOVE the Geographical location they were born/reside which in our case called "INDIA"
Someone said " Patriotism is a kind of religion; it is the egg from which wars are hatched."
Peace !

That is the most sensible thing I have heard in a long time. Cheers! :D

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent

Peace !

+1

another angle..

i am not born in India , i am born on planet earth and i am a citizen of planet earth first..

so i am not a traitor... the world is my country and i am a patriot for loving earth.. :D

hahaha.. i actually believe this btw..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
My last employer was "Nokia Siemens Networks". I have seen Rajeev Suri who came to give speech during my last days at the company, standing few feets ahead of me.

It was though time for NSN. Circumstances were not in the favor for employees. Many moved on to better opportunities. So did I. But the speech which he gave during my last days there, said that bad days were about to end. I had my reasons to leave NSN. But I wished I could continue with NSN, to witness better times. I don't know what happened behind me, but I still remember that day when he gave that speech that made me rethink my decision to leave the company.

I appreciate that guy. Congrats to him.

Last edited:

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
To the guy asking me to GTFO, maybe I will... and there's nothing wrong with doing so.

The simple point I was making was that when you see an Indian sounding name achieve something abroad, and jump up and down going "jai hind!" you're being a tad over zealous. Yes, there is a lot of experience to be gained in India, even in the corporate/MNC world, but it's only global experience and education abroad that allows you to compete at that scale. Neither should we assume that there is something in our "Indian genes" that give us an edge over anyone else (that's racist, by the way). If that was the case, all CEOs globally would be either Indian or Chinese because both are the highest ratio of foreign students and work force studying and working "abroad". Let's not even go the whole racist way of saying the Americans (or westerners) put Indians down -- in the corporate world the only religion is money and profits, and they'd happily make a monkey CEO if it would double their share prices without affecting stability.

There are, and will always be, individuals who excel at something, and they will rise to the top. It has nothing to do with their nationality, and in fact, in India you would have to be blindly patriotic to not admit that people who succeed here do so despite all the corruption and backstabbing that our market is famous for.

The PIO statement was also trying to get you to understand that someone said, "No thanks, I don't want to be Indian any more, I want a US/EU passport, and will pledge my allegiance to a new flag and national anthem". There's nothing at all wrong with that, it's a personal choice, and no one should ever think of those people as "traitors". However, waving the flag they left behind in pride also seems a little wrong, doesn't it?

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
If Kevin pietersen had thought about being loyal to south africa(birth country), we would never had seen such a cricketing marvel. Its fine to want to be citizen of other country. As raabo said, personal choice

Top Bottom