Radeon HD 4870 X2, HD 4850 X2 Faster and Better Than GeForce GTX 295, 285: AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Radeon HD 4870 X2, HD 4850 X2 Faster and Better Than GeForce GTX 295, 285: AMD
AMD started its marketing offensive against NVIDIA's new dual-GPU GeForce GTX 295, and single-GPU GeForce GTX 285 accelerators, in an attempt to put the Radeon HD 4800 X2 series accelerators ahead of its competition in terms of performance on a "broad scale", and used the cards' availability in non-reference designs as a USP against NVIDIA's offerings using a uniform company-specified design. All this, in an internal presentation leaked to Donanim Haber. As for those wondering why, ATI and NVIDIA have a history of picking on each others' flagship products by means of such presentations, with which they intend to influence OEMs and channel vendors, though it always happens so, that these presentations reach public domains. Viral marketing or something plausible? Find out for yourself:

*www.techpowerup.com/82644/Radeon ... 5_AMD.html

*www.techpowerup.com/img/09-01-21/150c.jpg

*www.techpowerup.com/img/09-01-21/150d.jpg

*www.techpowerup.com/img/09-01-21/150e.jpg

*www.techpowerup.com/img/09-01-21/150f.jpg

*www.techpowerup.com/img/09-01-21/150h.jpg

*www.techpowerup.com/img/09-01-21/150i.jpg

*www.techpowerup.com/img/09-01-21/150j.jpg

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Now watch for nVidia's reply.
Though its true that the Advt is really aggressive by AMD.
Hope they got guns to prove their mantle.
Though doesnt this add look tempting.Anyone would instantly jump with excitement.
Wish this is true.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Good hunting stalker, can there be a sequel ? Alright...it's a little offtopic :p

I heard AMD released new drivers...

Besides, its already true.

AMD beats nVidia at uber high resolutions like 2400x1600, with 4xAA, 8xAA, etc.
AMD beats nVidia in areas UBER gamers, people who usually buy such hardware, care about. ;)

nVidia has nothing to be proud of if GTX295 has higher FPS than HD4870X2 in MineSweeper. :p

LoRdKsHiTiJ

Hardware Enthusiast
those are obviously fake, compaddict. you should know better than to just follow 1 brand blindly for no good reason. you don't like nvidia, thats ok but theres no reason for you to justify that what you have or like, is better than nvidia. personally if u ask me, the 4870x2 and the whole ATI itself a load of horse sh33t. anyways, take a look at these links.
*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-295,2107-5.html
*www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-295-preview/8
*www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/bfggtx295/6.html
*www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=655&type=expert&pid=3

these should give you a proper & legit perspective of how powerful each of the top-end cards actually are.

as for general speaking point of view, i feel nvidia is better off.
why?
it doesn't have driver issues like ATI catalyst drivers.
it scales well. ATI cards had scaling issues for which they made new generation 4870x2 cards but when you put 2 of 4870x2 together in a quad crossfire thingy, the scaling issues are back.

my personal experience with the 4850 on my 19 inch monitor has been nothing but a huge disappointment.

i have more links if you want, which shows that a 3way SLI of GTX 280 performs equall good & in some benchmarks, better than the HD4870x2 cards.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
I heard AMD released new drivers...

Besides, its already true.

AMD beats nVidia at uber high resolutions like 2400x1600, with 4xAA, 8xAA, etc.
AMD beats nVidia in areas UBER gamers, people who usually buy such hardware, care about. ;)

nVidia has nothing to be proud of if GTX295 has higher FPS than HD4870X2 in MineSweeper. :p

So true. 4870X2 kills GTX295 in super high resolution. Why bothering this uber high end card if one's gonna play games in less than 1920X1080. Besides 4870X2 sells for $50 less than GTX295, even GTX295 got few points(in lower resolutions), the 4870x2 is a better buy for that price.

LOOK, if the game is playable at max settings at lower resolutions, then why worry ?
When it can play 2600xsomethingelse at max settings at playable FPS, ANYTHING can be played.
Thats what matters.

LoRdKsHiTiJ

Hardware Enthusiast
[sarcasm]This is the reason i love thinkdigit forums. It never fails to show just what kind of morons are filled here.

Knowledge is power you egotistical nooblets. Gain some knowledge on what you speak.[/sarcasm]

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Lolz yes^^^

those are obviously fake, compaddict. you should know better than to just follow 1 brand blindly for no good reason. you don't like nvidia, thats ok but theres no reason for you to justify that what you have or like, is better than nvidia. personally if u ask me, the 4870x2 and the whole ATI itself a load of horse sh33t. anyways, take a look at these links.
*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-295,2107-5.html
*www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-295-preview/8
*www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/bfggtx295/6.html
*www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=655&type=expert&pid=3

these should give you a proper & legit perspective of how powerful each of the top-end cards actually are.

as for general speaking point of view, i feel nvidia is better off.
why?
it doesn't have driver issues like ATI catalyst drivers.
it scales well. ATI cards had scaling issues for which they made new generation 4870x2 cards but when you put 2 of 4870x2 together in a quad crossfire thingy, the scaling issues are back.

my personal experience with the 4850 on my 19 inch monitor has been nothing but a huge disappointment.

i have more links if you want, which shows that a 3way SLI of GTX 280 performs equall good & in some benchmarks, better than the HD4870x2 cards.
I saw it, and posted, but didn't really say a word about it anywhere in the thread.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
sud be bout 30-35k.
the other day was bout to buy a evga GTX280 for 25.5k.didnt buy it cuz i'll hafta get a new cabby for it.my Zebby Antibiotic wont accomodate that card.:(

amitash

Intel OCer
35k? I dont think its worth it...thats 700$ compared to 500$ in US.... I'm thinking of HD4850 crossfire...Its performance is really good at higher resolutions with the new drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom