Radeon 6870X2 reviewed

rchi84

In the zone
The first review is up :D

Overclock 3D review of Powercolour 6870X2

Promising start. Let's hope they get the pricing right..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^Its around 40 pounds expensive than 6870cf but is a bit faster as well. So highly recommended imo.

Amd should have thought of it before as a product launch cause it would have been great.

Thanks for the review buddy.:smile:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
It's wayy to expensive, look here:

Newegg.com - PowerColor AX6870X2 2GBD5-2DHG Radeon HD 6870 x2 2GB 2 X 256bit (256bit) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Another review:

*www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/vtx3d-hd6870-x2-review/

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Look carefully friend. I mentioned pounds and not dollars. 500 dollars are roughly equal to 300 pounds.

And at this price, its a bit cheaper than the gtx 580 and is a better performer than the 580 as well.

But the main concern is the heat and 86c is very hot. So in countries like india, that can be an issue in hot places like north and eastern india.
Besides there are also some micro-stuttering issue.
So people should not jump for it right away but should wait for these problems to be fixed.
Btw thanks for that good review buddy.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
And at this price, its a bit cheaper than the gtx 580 and is a better performer than the 580 as well.

True true very true, at some places it performs better than GTX580, and in some places, better than GTX590, and in some, better than GTX580 SLi.

Overall I would say, "WIN CARD"

tkin

Back to school!!
True true very true, at some places it performs better than GTX580, and in some places, better than GTX590, and in some, better than GTX580 SLi.

Overall I would say, "WIN CARD"
And when micro stutter kicks in?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
With mature drivers there is hardly micro stutter in games. Unless you "look" for it, instead of pointing your gun at the enemy.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is the Club3D HD 6870 X2 review from Guru3D.
Performance wise the card got the guru3D recommended award. The problem is the high noise level. The card is really cool, thanks to its custom cooling. Other problem is price, it is costlier than 2 HD 6870. But the thing is if you purchase this card, it will leave you space for future upgrades, adding another HD 6870 for Tri Fire or another X2 for Quad Fire. And two X2 is Quadfire is far better performer than a GTX 580 SLI in a cheap price.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Nice card, this should have come from ati from the start, so that it would be available everywhere, here in India we can't buy these, no club3d here, doesn't sapphire has a 6870x2? Is it available here?

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, there is no Sapphire HD 6870 X2. Only Powercolor and Club3D have launched the X2.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Hmm, tirupati keeps powercolor, wonder if they will import it (probably not, seeing how they are going ga ga over evga, too little too late).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Its kind of a late launch from the boardmakers cause new gpu's are on the horizon.

But actually these cards make lot of sense. Amd did not launch them because it would have canibalised their 6970 gpu's.

OP
rchi84

rchi84

In the zone
Nahin yaar, the price gap is too much for it to be a threat to the 6970. But i agree, it makes the 6990 seem way overpriced..

Top Bottom