Question Hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Hey Guys…..
Here are some Questions…Could u pls tk the trouble to answer them…….

1.Wht is Pagefile.sys? What is it's importance………..
When ever i type Dxdiag in the Run Box.....A dialog box is displayed........which shows the page file of my pc. dO the page file effects the speed of my PC.........Having higher pagefile is good or.............

2.I have Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor 1.0 and NetFramework2.0…….Now when I try to scan my system ….a error message is displayed. And it asks me to reinstall the version.I hv installed the version thrice but the problem is persisting……

3.Hey how can i see the sites visited by a user in a specific time at a specific browser................
I know by viewing it from History.............but isn't there not any other way..............as History/Cookies can be deleted......................

4.What is Parental Control in Vista.....What is its use............Can I put it in WinXp..............

5.How can I see the stored password in WinXp and…….. in browsers like Morzilla,Firefox,Internet Explorer........................

6.What is Key Logon.?...................Can i see the passwords entered in my PC...................For ex: Password of My email account .. (which is not stored in my PC..)..............Password typed for a Document File for Protection...................

7.Is there any way to pause the downloads of Morzilla Firefox and start in the next boot of the PC

8. Can i convert a .PPT presentation into .EXE extension by any software as...i don't know VB, C++ etc........................

I Know the above Qns are answered many times…..but searching in this site is not a simple game………….

Thnks In Advance…………
….:):):):):):):)

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
1. the pagefile is ur swap file... wich acts as ur virtual ram...
2. wat error msg do u get??
3. install some parental control and monitoring soft..
4. google
5. in firefox > password manager..
6. do u mean key logger??? it logs all th key presses and clicks wen its active and saves the info to a log file...
7. get some download manager like FDM...
8. nope... rather use flash to make presentations..

Last edited:
OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Thnxs Pathiks.........But I dont know some of the techincal words and other things also as stilll i am in Grade 9..Could u pls tell me in brief

1.What is swap file and virtual Ram..dO the page file effects the speed of my PC.........Having higher pagefile is good or.............

2.The Message displayed is
"Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor encountered an error while scanning your system.if the problem persists, you can uninstall and reinstall the latest version………………."
Hey does it requires Net Connection while scanning………………..

3.From where cani get the parental control and monitoring software for xp .....to see the sites visited by a user in a specific time at a specific browser.

4.I hv googled it ........Some good links r...
*windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2006/10/30/a-review-of-windows-vista-s-parental-controls.aspx
*www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/parentalcontrols.mspx
*www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic26334.html

It means in Future Parents will rule their childen...............

5.Thnkx............For Microsoft Internet Explorer?....

6.Not necessary..... any software which works...
If it logs all th key presses and clicks when its active and saves the info to a log file.Then wont it will be dificult to find the Email Id Password...As a user cant check and enter 3000-4000 keys...........
Psl enter the link also................

8. No way to convert the ppt into .exe ........If we want to write the code than how long it a code may be for 2-3 slides........................

Hey buddy Reps For U

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
Swap file, Virtual memory , page file : the terms reffers to Extra Memory which is in form or Cache( a allocated space on HDD which is being used as RAM) ... Yes, its used for smooth functioning of System spplication so that you do not have glitches . Virtual ram is also the same, tubro cache etc, all reffers to the Page file or HDD space which is allocated to work as ram,

Size of PF(page FIle) : it matters a a lot, not it should be too high nor too low,
example: if you have 256 mb ram, then set both upper and lower limit to 512-512, basically 1.3 of the total ram is set to be the PF size ,but as new trends are coming along, now as i told you for 256, for 512mb it is: 1024-1024 and 1 Gb :2048-2048..... i used this when i had 256, 512 and 1 GB now i leave it to system recommended :D:D:D

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
thnxs Shantanu........for helping me.....

Hey

What is Key Logon.?...................Can i see the passwords entered in my PC...................For ex: Password of My email account .. (which is not stored in my PC..)..............Password typed for a Document File for Protection.............................
Which is the best software which works as Key Logon.......
Can i get the link.....

Pathik

Google Bot
6. try home key logger... but most of them get detected by anti spywares and firewalls....
yea u cn see evy key press... that means ur passwds also... and key loggers also save the data of the windows opened and time etc... so u ca differentiate passwds if u hav a lil time...

*GandaBerunda*

Drool!...Vista
1) Windows reserves some space on ur hard drive to act as virtual RAM. this Ram is used when the demand 4 memory exceeds the limit. It is also known as the swap file

2) mention the error message

3) the parental control software will take care of this

4) it a intended to supervise how much of time ur children get to spend online and filters to prevent them to stumbling on unsuitable content.it will also report the surfing habits of the children or persons

5)in firefox go to tools>options>security>show passwords

6)u mean keylogger? they will record evry single input through the keyboard and save it to a log file..u can sort out the pass from all the typed stuff..however i think they are illegal\

7)No idea..possible if u use flashget and hibernate instead of shutting down

8)no idea...why not instaed convert to flash? there are many utilities available..do a google

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
hey Guys...thnxs for ur wonderful replies............................

I have Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor 1.0 and NetFramework2.0…….Now when I try to scan my system ….a error message is displayed. And it asks me to reinstall the version.I hv installed the version thrice but the problem is persisting……

The Message displayed is
"Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor encountered an error while scanning your system.if the problem persists, you can uninstall and reinstall the latest version………………."
Hey does it requires Net Connection while scanning………………..

Last edited:
OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys............
the google didn't helped me.....................

I search for the best Key Logon ( or Any Software related to it) but i didn't get a good software.............All were demo version.......Therefore do any one hav the link of the Good Keylogon which starts in invisible mode and is not trial version...............

and hey do any one hv the link of a good icon packager....................or icon changer.................I know StarDock....but i dont nedd it as it is very heavy for a dail up user to download..........I need small software ..............

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys....

I am unable to view the hidden files........

Whenever i go To tools>Folder Option..........
and check/select the option....."SHOW THE HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" and then click on apply and then ok...........

The hidden files not shown.......
In addition the option in the folder option "SHOW THE HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" in unchecked......which was actually checked by me...................and all the settings remains unchanged............

Pls help me
thnks in advance

Ron

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys....

Wht is WINDOWS GENUINE and it's VALIDATION
How to check whether the version is Genunine or not.....

I am unable to view the hidden files........

Whenever i go To tools>Folder Option..........
and check/select the option....."SHOW THE HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" and then click on apply and then ok...........

The hidden files not shown.......
In addition the option in the folder option "SHOW THE HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" in unchecked......which was actually checked by me................... all the settings remains unchanged............

Pls help me
thnks in advance

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom