Query regarding PS3

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi guys,

Finally I decided to buy the PS3 120GB latest version here in US. I just have one query: Is there any region lock like DVD's which are region locked? Essentially what I want to know is that whether I can use the PS3 I purchase here back in India without any trouble?

Also thinking of preordering PES 2011 or FIFA 11. Which one you prefer?

Thanks.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
^^Ya, I might get Killzone 2 or COD:MW2 or PES 11. Killzone 2 is cheaper here than the other ones. Any combat flight sims or space sims you recommend?

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

in ps3 only movie DVDs and Blu Rays Are region locked , the games work universally

You told that the games are not region-locked but the blu-ray and DVD movies are. Does it have a USB port to read from external data sources?

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Games are region free, movies (Blu-Ray or DVD) aren't. DLC's are region locked as well.

Yes it does. It needs to be in FAT32 format though.

What's a DLC?

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Well, I just ordered the 120GB PS3, killzone 2 and the PS3 blu-ray disc remote, all from amazon.com. Will get it next week.:). See you guys in the PSN...

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
What's a DLC?

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Well, I just ordered the 120GB PS3, killzone 2 and the PS3 blu-ray disc remote, all from amazon.com. Will get it next week.:). See you guys in the PSN...

actually Playstation Store isnt even aveileble in india ... thats why i use different country Accounts (Japan , UK and USA) and whenever any demo or exclusive content releases i have it.. :D

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Well, friends, my 120GB PS3 has arrived couple of days back with a copy of Killzone 2 and a blu-ray disc remote which I ordered. I have done the initial setup but not yet made the internet connection settings. I tried to connect my zen 8GB with the USB cable but the system is not recognizing. How can I make my PS3 recognize my zen so that I can play media from the zen and also view photos from it?

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Ok guys, now that I have been using the PS3 regularly for over 1 1/2 months now, I have another question. This PS3 is the US version with US plug. I will take it back to India and first thing I will need is a plug convertor for converting US plug to Indian plug and use it with Indian electricity outlet.

I will also need a voltage converter to convert 220V indian voltage to 110V, compatible with the device. Now this also has some power requirements. How much wattage in the voltage converter will it require when using in India? Will 300W be sufficient?

I will also need a surge protector, as a single voltage surge can destroy the whole imported device.

My version came with indian style plug. But indian style plug can be bought quite cheap form electronic stores.
In my area voltage surges are exteramly rare so i don't need any.

Top Bottom