Q9400 and Intel 45SPg MB-Good Combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller

In the zone
I have homed in on the following combo for upgradation of my old rig as per my 20k bugdet.Plz advice
Intel Q9400 Processor,Intel 45SG Mboard,DD2 Ram-2gb....

I have Seagate's 160Gb 7200.9 HDD.My vendor is asking me whether its SATA compatible?
From my search it tells me it is....any suggestion for 250gb HDD?

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Point 1: Dont go for Intel Mobo. Opt for Gigabyte they got much better features.

Point 2: Dont Buy Seagate. Go for WD or Samsung

Krow

Crowman
@ Legendkiller Core i5 750 Proccy is available for 10.2k and a Gigabyte P55 mobo is available for 7.2k i think. Much better config for you. DDR3 Ram too! You don't need a gfx card? Me too against buying seagate, although 1TB Seagate @ 3925 bucks seems tasty. :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
My suggestion would be for AMD front. It will offer u much performance boost than Intel on the price tag u mentioned.
Here goes my suggestion:

Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ 13k
Biostar TA785GE 128M @ 4.3k

Kingston 2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM @ 1k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 2.5k

Street price may be lower than the mentioned price. This machine will offer u extreme performance for any application. It is even better than the Q9650 with 12 MB L2 Cache.
But if u r an Intel fan and don't want AMD then go for the Intel Q9550 @ 11k instead of Q9400. The performance difference would be huge.

Krow

Crowman
^ Core i5 is better as a proccy @ 10.5k. Much more VFM! AMD Phenom and Q9400 beaten hands down! If OP does not want gfx card, core i5 is the way to go.

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
actually me too wanted to buy i5-750 with P55 mboard,but people here in delhi have no clue about it........
so forcebily i am going for this.............
ok,i will look for WD HDD and gigabyte mboard

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@OP

Get it from lynx or itwares. They're reliable e-shops. BTW Core i5 kick the all above config (Not sure abt the Phenom II X4, whether AMD kick Intels a$$ or vice-versa).
But i5 rig would be a best investment IMO, mainly for a new platform and new memory DDR3...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
actually me too wanted to buy i5-750 with P55 mboard,but people here in delhi have no clue about it........
so forcebily i am going for this.............
ok,i will look for WD HDD and gigabyte mboard

No need to get it from Nehru Place. They know nothing there..true.

Just order a P55 Motherboard and complimenting CPU - i5 from Lynx.

MSI and Gigabyte have two excellent motherboards.

MSI Link. You can get this for RS. 9738.

Gigabyte Link. You can get this for RS. 7350.

CPU Link. You can get this for RS. 10150.

Both of these boards are really good. Supporting the LGA1156 package. And channel data using DMI. You get DDR3 speed RAM, though at Dual Channel. They both also have to PCI.E 2.0 slots. Running at x16 with single card, and auto arranging to x8x8 with dual GPU. The best thing about these boards is that you can OC really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom