ani1751

Broken In
Hey,
I am just looking to build a new pc and my budget is 45k. When i was looking for specifications i found that cabinet and PSU alone cost 10k. I somehow i reduce them to 3k i can get a really gr8 config. Can someone plz explain the importance of 10k that i invest in psu and cabinet.
My present pc is pentium D without any GPU, i use intex psu(.4k) it had some problem thrice, but i was replaced by intex everytime. moreover i dont have service center of corsair or cooler master in gwalior. So plz clear my doubts.

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Well to be honest, the CPU's these days have grown very power hungry and therefore they need a consistent and a reliable power supply, while the generic ones like intex did well in times of P3 and P4, nowadays they cant.

Also you can look at the NZXT Gamma cabinet, which is an excellent black finish cabinet for just 2k INR, a very VFM cabinet with spacious interiors. Its worth it and if you lower your budget you wont get a cabinet as good as this.

Cool G5 has this cabinet so you can ask him for the proper review of it.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2720/4378699514_d821c5edf4_o.jpg

As for PSU unless you plan to add two GPU's the corsair VX450 will do justice to any GPU out there today, and it costs something about 3.8k prices may vary by a 100 bucks or so.

Also please post the config you have come up with so that it also could be discussed.

P.S you're lucky that your PC components are still working.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well to be honest, the CPU's these days have grown very power hungry and therefore they need a consistent and a reliable power supply, while the generic ones like intex did well in times of P3 and P4, nowadays they cant.

Also you can look at the NZXT Gamma cabinet, which is an excellent black finish cabinet for just 2k INR, a very VFM cabinet with spacious interiors. Its worth it and if you lower your budget you wont get a cabinet as good as this.

As for PSU unless you plan to add two GPU's the corsair VX450 will do justice to any GPU out there today, and it costs something about 3.8k prices may vary by a 100 bucks or so.

Also please post the config you have come up with so that it also could be discussed.

yah excellent cabby. but for PSU, it depends on the whole rig. if OP doesn't go for highend graphics card, OC the proccy & all, a good sub 3k PSU wil work just fine.

Piyush

Lanaya
yah excellent cabby. but for PSU, it depends on the whole rig. if OP doesn't go for highend graphics card, OC the proccy & all, a good sub 3k PSU wil work just fine.

can u suggest me a psu
consider the following
hd5770
athlonII x4 640
asus 785 v evo
and rest all regular

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
PSU wattage calculator

^ Use that calculator to specify all the components. I gave in the Athlon X4 630, 2xDDR3 RAM sticks, 2xSata 7200 RPM HDD, 1 ODD, HD 5770, 2x80mm fans , 2x120mm fans and it gave out a 400W figure with 100% peak load, keeping another 25% headroom for safety, the vx450 would do good.

Btw, I dont think there's an Athlon X4 640 or I'm outta touch.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
PSU wattage calculator

^ Use that calculator to specify all the components. I gave in the Athlon X4 630, 2xDDR3 RAM sticks, 2xSata 7200 RPM HDD, 1 ODD, HD 5770, 2x80mm fans , 2x120mm fans and it gave out a 400W figure with 100% peak load, keeping another 25% headroom for safety, the vx450 would do good.

Btw, I dont think there's an Athlon X4 640 or I'm outta touch.

more likeCooler Master PSU Calculator. anyway yah, VX450W is best choice for above config. & now its available for below 4k. reliable. sturdy. & now its value.

well maximum is X4 635. maybe X4 640 coming in future & OP got his hands on a Athlon II X4 Special Edition :-D

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
But,Corsair VX550W is future proof PSU.
May be price is higher compared to Corsair VX450W.
In Kolkata 450W for 4.2K and 550W for 5.8K.
So,here VX450W is better VFM than VX550W......

acewin

Point Blanc
VX550 is little bit of over kill if there would have been any VX500 that it self would have been too much. VX450.
other 80 Plus rated PSU like Tagan TG-600-U37
also VX550 is priced somewhere around 5-5.5K

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

cooler master does not have any service center in india.

avi007

Broken In
Cooler Master is not Having Service Cenre but for service you can contact there National Distributor "Acro" ( Niranjan @ 9871949398 ,niranjan@amigointernational.biz ).

They will solve ur concern .

Cooler Master New Gx series is good VFM .
*www.erodov.com/forums/coolermaster-launch-gx-series-psus/30333.html

Best Part of cooler master is easily aviability anywhere in India .

Keeping future prospects in mind go for VX 550 / GX 550 / or Silent pro 500 .All are 80 plus .

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Cooler Master is not Having Service Cenre but for service you can contact there National Distributor "Acro" ( Niranjan @ 9871949398 ,niranjan@amigointernational.biz ).

They will solve ur concern .

Cooler Master New Gx series is good VFM .
*www.erodov.com/forums/coolermaster-launch-gx-series-psus/30333.html

Best Part of cooler master is easily aviability anywhere in India .

Keeping future prospects in mind go for VX 550 / GX 550 / or Silent pro 500 .All are 80 plus .

GX550W can be considered as a Corsair VX500W (the missing link) :p

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

hey dats pic is same as mine only difference is anthlon proccy & i dnt knw the graphics card mounted in the pic.....

one more mine corsair psu fan is mounted updwards....

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Hey,
I am just looking to build a new pc and my budget is 45k. When i was looking for specifications i found that cabinet and PSU alone cost 10k. I somehow i reduce them to 3k i can get a really gr8 config. Can someone plz explain the importance of 10k that i invest in psu and cabinet.
My present pc is pentium D without any GPU, i use intex psu(.4k) it had some problem thrice, but i was replaced by intex everytime. moreover i dont have service center of corsair or cooler master in gwalior. So plz clear my doubts.

No need to spend 10K on Cabinet and PSU if it is outside your budget. You can get a zebronics Bijli or a coolermaster elite 310 for 1.2-1.5k and a Corsair VX450 @3.8k (That's the cost even in Kolkata). Total 5-6k.
In case your gfx card isn't a high end one, you can even go for a FSP Saga II 500W PSU @2.8k (approx price). However, we must know which card you are buying to suggest the right cabinet & PSU, these are generic suggestions.

Top Bottom