PSU suggestion

Hi, I currently running on an ElChepo Zebronics PSU and want to upgrade to something reliable. My pc specs are:

Intel i3-2100
2x2 GB DDR3 ram
1x Seagate 500GB HDD
Intel Dh61ww motherboard
and no gpu.

I will be buying either hd7770, gtx650Ti or some other similar performing card in about 3 to 4 months, so that should also be considered.

I also do a lot of modding like led's, lcd display, and a few other I've-got-an-idea stuff and usually take power from the 12 V line (I have also started considering 5 V line to be used as it is'nt used in the pc as much as 12 V line) so need a few extra wattage.

I'll be buying in a couple of weeks.
Thaks.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Sorry, I forgot to mention my budget, the maximum budget is 3.5 k.

Sorry, I forgot to mention my budget, the maximum budget is 3.5 k.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Well cx430v2 is certified product.Information about it is clear.
Corsair VS450 is available in Asian markets.Information about VS450 is not as clear as some other units.
Manufacturer has rated it's maximum 12Vrail output as 360Watts.It almost has no reviews.
Check this thread Corsair VS450 Power Supply-Corsair forums.
It might be that each 12V output shown in the picture have there respective maximum output as shown and maximum output on a 12V net could be 360Watts i.e.30amperes.
Efficiency and build-quality of cx430v2 is superior to it.VS450 is not a bad unit though.I have known people using gtx560ti + i3 2100 with VS450 without any trouble.
I would say pick up cx430v2 or cx500v2 when you have the money,although VS450 can do the job for your config.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Okay, so I've decided to buy the cx430v2. I have a Corsair dealer in my city so will be buying either from flipkart or from the local dealer. Sad that the cx430 went out of stock yesterday on flipkart.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
FK price maybe overpriced and for your budget you can get the CX500v2 which can deliver 72W more on +12V rail.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
FK price maybe overpriced and for your budget you can get the CX500v2 which can deliver 72W more on 12V rail.

I'll be checking my local shop today for prices of those two products, will post the prices.

The local dealer did'nt had CX430v2 and CX500 costed Rs.3600. Finally ordered CX430v2 from flipkart.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Okay, so I've decided to buy the cx430v2. I have a Corsair dealer in my city so will be buying either from flipkart or from the local dealer. Sad that the cx430 went out of stock yesterday on flipkart.

Wait for them to restock it, or buy from Primeabgb.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
actually, the product came back in stock the very next day and hence, I ordered the cx430v2 yesterday.

I also came to know about a site 'md computers' which has very attractive prices. Has anyone dealt with them? Any other sites recommended?

actually, the product came back in stock the very next day and hence, I ordered the cx430v2 yesterday.

I also came to know about a site 'md computers' which has very attractive prices. Has anyone dealt with them? Any other sites recommended?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
MD Comp in kolkata is a very reputed place for buying comp stuff. they have got some of the best deals and their Gaming in charge Palash is a great guy.

good decision on the cx430v2

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
MD Comp in kolkata is a very reputed place for buying comp stuff. they have got some of the best deals and their Gaming in charge Palash is a great guy.

good decision on the cx430v2

I guess you haven't noticed my location, its Jodhpur.

I meant online stores.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

i was answering to that......

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't only get attracted buy the lower price mentioned on the website - as a rule of thumb : before making any purchase call the shop to be sure about the product availability.

Top Bottom