PSU, PC fan starts halfway,stops.System doesn't boot.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Hey guys, today morning, my PC wasn't booting up.

So I opened the side to see the insides, and when I try to boot it,

PSU fan, processor fan, cooling fans start halfway, rotate for a while and then again stop. This on and off pattern keeps on happening. It just doesn't boot up :(. I'm assuming the fault is with my PSU...

What do you guys have to say? Can internal wires be loosely connected or something?

Thanks in advance.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Reconnect the wires of the mobo. Especially the one from motherboard to CPU fan. The fan might be dead as well. Get a new fan and some thermal paste and them try.

Yes the PSU might be dead as well

This happened today morning only :?:

OP
S

siddhesh222

Journeyman
I really don't think the fan is dead as ALL the fans connected to the PC go in a on-off loop in similar manner (cooling,processor,psu, even GPU fan!, which I just noticed.)

I think the fault is with PSU then. But thing is, I can't source a PSU. THOUGH, I have an old PC with 350W IIRC, would that be enough for just major components? like I'll remove RAM, GPU etc.

I'll try reconnecting the wires.Thing is, I haven't before fiddled with the interior of my PC, mostly just cleaning and RAM removal, nothing more.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
siddesh222 said:
I'll try reconnecting the wires.Thing is, I haven't before fiddled with the interior of my PC, mostly just cleaning and RAM removal, nothing more.
Then ask a local PC guy how much he will charge for refitting wires.

The problem seems strange. and as you said evrything else works fine I still believe the CPU fan might be acting funny

OP
S

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Can I learn it online or something? Because this one guy I know, he takes ages to come. He'll probably come on Tuesday If I ask him today.And I'm free the whole day today.I'm using my spare super slow PC atm.

So, you got any link or something? I don't think it would take more than 3-4 hours, would it?

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Please post your system configuration as that might help pinpoint if it is a PSU problem.

OP
S

siddhesh222

Journeyman
My config is

Abit Ip35-e
Intel E8400 (stock clockspeed, not overclocked or anything.)
Transcend 2GB RAM
Seagate 640GB
VIP 500W PSU2.6k
dell se198wfp
Palit H4850

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
My config is

Abit Ip35-e
Intel E8400 (stock clockspeed, not overclocked or anything.)
Transcend 2GB RAM
Seagate 640GB
VIP 500W PSU2.6k
dell se198wfp
Palit H4850

I dont think ur PSU is enough for the GPU i think the GPU has blown ur PSU also dont risk ur 350W psu in this system

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I really don't think the fan is dead as ALL the fans connected to the PC go in a on-off loop in similar manner (cooling,processor,psu, even GPU fan!, which I just noticed.)

I think the fault is with PSU then. But thing is, I can't source a PSU. THOUGH, I have an old PC with 350W IIRC, would that be enough for just major components? like I'll remove RAM, GPU etc.
Testing without your graphics card and the HDD is a good way to find out what's wrong. But since your motherboard doesn't have an onboard gfx, you'll have to fit at least a low-end gfx card. If you have a spare one or can borrow one, go ahead.

A good 350W PSU is more than good enough for use without a power-guzzling card like a 4850.

It's not difficult, but before doing anything, make sure you discharge yourself of any static electricity by touching a grounded object like a metal water pipe first. And also disconnect everything from the AC mains.

OP
S

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Ah then I guess I'll have to leave it to some professional, none of my friends parents would let me borrow their gfx ( we're 16 yr old kids lol), not like I even have the slightest idea how would I fit it properly etc.

Well I think 500W must be enough for this, It's been running since the last 3-4 years without any problem...

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Ah then I guess I'll have to leave it to some professional, none of my friends parents would let me borrow their gfx ( we're 16 yr old kids lol), not like I even have the slightest idea how would I fit it properly etc.

Well I think 500W must be enough for this, It's been running since the last 3-4 years without any problem...

U r right bro take it to the service center it is a genuine hardware fault 500W is enough for ur card if it is i think ur PSU is overated which is normally done in cheap/indian branded PSU's

Top Bottom