PSU for server needed to run 24*7

bubusam13

Human
Hi, 2 of our Wipro Netpower rack servers are down because of PSU. Actually the redundant SMPS are fine but the IC panel (dono't know what its called) is not working. SMPS are hot swappable. The circuit that switch to another SMPS is one fails is not working. The circuit that you see in the below pic inside the housing. The servers are out of AMC and found no one who can repair them.
*www.rackmount.com/pcwsupport/PowerSupply/RP8300/RP8300%20Redundant%20Power%20Supply%20Installation%20Sheet_files/image004.gif
So I thought in order to keep the server up, use a normal PSU, not redundant. Pls suggest me a PSU that could run 24*7. The present power ratong of the server PSU is 400 W.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi, 2 of our Wipro Netpower rack servers are down because of PSU. Actually the redundant SMPS are fine but the IC panel (dono't know what its called) is not working. SMPS are hot swappable. The circuit that switch to another SMPS is one fails is not working. The circuit that you see in the below pic inside the housing. The servers are out of AMC and found no one who can repair them.
*www.rackmount.com/pcwsupport/PowerSupply/RP8300/RP8300%20Redundant%20Power%20Supply%20Installation%20Sheet_files/image004.gif
So I thought in order to keep the server up, use a normal PSU, not redundant. Pls suggest me a PSU that could run 24*7. The present power ratong of the server PSU is 400 W.

Corsair CX 430 v2 @ 2.6k

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
^^ will it be able to run 24*7 ? and how long will be the cables. I want bit longer cables. Else extension for cables in order to reach the inside of the rack server.

I have another question, are the connectors to server mobo similar to that of PC ?

--------------------
Hi sorry, I need a 500+ Watt PSU. And cables a bit longer.

Top Bottom