PSU for 3.5K

Hi geeks,

My system configuration is
1.AMD sempron 3400+(upgrade suggestions please)
2.WD caviar green 1TB wd10earx
3.xfx ati 6770 1GB Gddr5
4.LG dvd Writer
5.Asus M2A-VM

i need a processor and a PSU for the above configuration . The one i can find in my area is iball 500w(price may be 2k dont know exactly).Will it be good or else suggest any other.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
get Corsair CX430v2 - should be around ~2.3k

For CPU you can get AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ ~2.8k ;-)

will the AMD Athlon II X2 250 be a bottleneck for the gpu i have .also no corsair PSU is available in my area.

will the AMD Athlon II X2 250 be a bottleneck for the gfx card and corsair not available in my area.

guys solve this query
and why all my posts are first checked by a moderator and i have to answer these random questions

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
will the AMD Athlon II X2 250 be a bottleneck for the gpu i have .also no corsair PSU is available in my area.

will the AMD Athlon II X2 250 be a bottleneck for the gfx card and corsair not available in my area.

not actually, coz games most require good gfx than procy. See if you can get FSP Saga II 500w @ 2k.

guys solve this query
and why all my posts are first checked by a moderator and i have to answer these random questions

Its a rule with all new members till your posts' count reaches 10, and your's is :)

mitraark

Decrepit
Definately look no further than the CX430 v2 ... where do you live btw ? If possible , get it Online, its really not a problem as many people fear .

Also , DOn;t go for the iBall !!!!

Minion

Conversation Architect
coldpowered,Go for atleast AMD athlon x3 455(3,600) now games are taking advantage of multicore CPU if you are lucky you will able to unlock it to quadcore and for powersupply go with Corsair CX430 v2 for 2,400

@Dasing.Sujay thanks man;)

@mitraark i study here in gorakhpur(in eastern UP)My parents are currently in New Alipurduar(father is in IAF).I am going there next week and will go to Siliguri to get proccy RAM, PSU (budget for psu now is 3.5k)

@minion i was going to buy athlon II x3 445 but due to unavailability second thoughts came to my mind but now i will try to get one in siliguri

ANYBODY KNOWING ANY SHOP IN SILIGURI PLEASE TELL ME

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
add 300/500 bucks more and get a Corsair GS600 - it's worth the extra money you pay for it ;-)

Piyush

Lanaya
@COLDPOWERED
BTW whats you total budget for proccy,RAM and PSU now?
also i dont have the idea of which motherboard you have?
If you can post the model number as well, then it'd be good

guru_urug

iGoogle
Getting a higher rated PSU above 3k is not necessary for your rig.
Instead spend more on the CPU. The FSP saga II 500W or the Corsair cx430W v2 are more than enough for your needs. They can both handle upto the AMD HD 6850 comfortably.
Go for more expensive PSU only if you are gonna crossfire or SLI in the near future(within 6-7 months max) because there is no point buying a higher capacity PSU if you will crossfire or SLI after a year since the PSU efficiency keeps falling with age.
So IMO spend more on the CPU and get a quad core Athlon or Phenom like the Athlon II x4 635 or the Phenom II 955be. Pair that with the above mentioned PSU's and it will handle it flawlessly

@Piyush motherboard is Asus M2A-VM. Budget for proccy around 4k and any RAM(need 4GB ddr2 @800mhz) that will pair up well with the processor and a PSU(a branded one) that can handle the rigs requirement with ease

ANYBODY KNOWING ANY SHOP IN SILIGURI PLEASE TELL ME

guru_urug

iGoogle
So as per your prev posts your budget is as follows
PSU- 3.5k
Proccy- 4k

total is 7.5k, so instead of spending 3.5k on PSU reshuffle your budget and get this
Proccessor: AMD Phenom II 955be- 5.5k
PSU: FSP Saga II 500W/Corsair cx430 v2 -approx 2.1k (get whichever is cheaper)

If you are looking to save some money then get the
Athlon II x4 635 @4k

This will give you the most of your budget. Add 4GB RAM and you have yourself a good midrange Gaming PC.
Cheers

guru_urug

iGoogle
Absolutely!!
check out this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/147325-please-suggest-me-graphic-card-my-config.html
This guy's rig has similar power req as yours, and he's adding HD6850/6870.
There are many more ppl on this forum using that PSU with more power-req than yours.
So you are very very safe with any of the PSU's Ive mentioned as long as you wont SLI or crossfire :)

Still I understand your apprehension, its your money and its ok to be skeptical on a stranger's suggestion. you can wait till some other well-established member seconds my opinion :)
Also if you get the corsair PSU make sure its v2. 430W may sound less, but trust me corsair could have very well sold it as a 500W PSU. Its very versatile and reliable. Read the reviews online if reqd

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
For processor, look for 640/645, if you get it, then better otherwise fine.
PSU is fine.
For RAM prefer this order G-skill > Corsair > Kingston > Hynix > Trascend. A 2GB kit will set you back for appx 1.4k max.

Last edited:
Top Bottom