PSU+Case for Ancient system

coolfire92

Lurking Around
PSU+Case Required.Budget 6.5k

Hi.I need some advice on an upgrade i'm planning.
My current psu got fried(cheapo,450W) which i got with my pc.I didn't know anything about computers(about 3 years back) so paid the price.

Anyways I'm planning to update my config gradually to a i5 based setup in about 4-5 months.But till then i need the pc to be functioning.

The current config is:
Intel dual core @ 1.8ghz.....sad i know
His 945gc motherboard (thats all i could figure out.I would use hwinfo but pc's aot of action for months now)
1 gb ddr2 ram
No graphic card because that got fried too :hissyfit:

Also i need to run two hdd's.Both WD's 1.5tb + 250gb respectively.

I have chosen NZXT Gamma for the case(because of good airflow and cable management).
Any other recommendation would be welcome
For psu i was confused between Corsair VX450 and Seasonic 520w.Or should i get something else or just wait it out.
I asked two computer shops near me and they said that my motherboard would get fried if i used such a high powered psu.Don't know if they are right or just highly misinformed
So what advise could you give me?
Budget is max 6500rs and will probably be buying from lamington.

Last edited:
OP
C

coolfire92

Lurking Around
Thanks guys!
I'm leaning towards seasonic because of it greater efficiency and 5 year warranty at a negligible cost difference between the two.
Still confused about the cabinet though.
Source elite has usb3 port,no dust filter i know of and is rather plain looking.
Gamma has everything elite has except usb3 and i think esata.It has two dust filters,one near the hdd bay and another under the psu.
Both can take a cpu cooler of approx 160mm.

Top Bottom