psu buying advice

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
can you guys share the UL numbers of the psu you have , read the first link on this page you will know what i mean.

the cm extreme i just burnt doesnt have one ,its fake :(

i cant find cx400 data. if you have cx400 please shre its UL number.

seasonic 380w would not hold gts 450 or 550 . those are the minimum gpu i want.

do you guys know whats the best deal for vx450w if so please post links.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
if you are that particular , iam sorry , i meant to say gts450 and the card that will replace it. since 560 is true , so its possibble 450's succesor will be 550.

and my assumption was true:
Geforce GT 550 and 530 coming in Q1 11

now my problem is it is not necessary that cx 400 will be able to handle 550 if it can handle 450. so what should i go for in such a scenario?

Piyush

Lanaya
if you are that particular , iam sorry , i meant to say gts450 and the card that will replace it. since 560 is true , so its possibble 450's succesor will be 550.

and my assumption was true:
Geforce GT 550 and 530 coming in Q1 11

now my problem is it is not necessary that cx 400 will be able to handle 550 if it can handle 450. so what should i go for in such a scenario?

dude just go for seasonic PSU if u can get one
they are the OEM (original equipment manufacturers) of Corsair
so THEY know better

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
but piyush seasonic 500 is around 4350 and vx450 is 3600+. do you know any better seasonic psu mtchibng to vx450 but below 4k.

and how much better will seasonic be in comparision with FSP epsilon and everest wch are around 4100?

and ishu you live in noida too so could tell me how you go about your purchases?

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just for the note, Seasonic has been the OEM for most of Corsair's quality PSU.

Like I had mentioned above, you can go for Seasonic S12II 520w @ 4.2k.

J

Joker

corsair vx550 > seasonic s12ii bronze 520w > corsair vx450 > seasonic si12ii 430w ~ corsair cx400 > seasonic s12ii 380w

all quality PSUs...difference is not big.

s12ii and s12ii bronze are different series.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
thank you friends

i will go with corsair vx 450 this time.

which website should i buy them from in india? i found tech shop having high prices.

please suggest some good alternatives to nehru place.

but still can you guys contribute the UL numbers of your psus,that would make a great database as not all is detailed in the TH chart posted.

thanks in advance
aby

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
lol called SMC NP today they dont have anything but CM,and he even said corsair vx450
ab nahin aati.

should i still go to NP?

J

Joker

why not check out other sites? TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified SMPS

i really feel this thread is getting more extended without much reason..we hv told u everything & now it is ur decision to how make a purchase...and corsair vx450 is going to be discontinued..he is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom