Psu blown need guide according to my config

d3p

PowerHouse
No doubt about FSP Saga II 500w @2k.

If not then consider Tagan Stonerock 500w or Corsair CX400 or 430w v2.

saswat23

Human Spambot
So, you had a generic PSU handling your rig. Its your fate that all your components are safe..
For 2.5k you can get-
* FSP SAGAII 500W -- 2.1k
But SAGAII 500W is out of stock and is very hard to find now. So can also get FSP SAGAII 400W at 1.7k.
* Corsair CX-400 -- 2.5k
* Corsair CX-430v2 -- 2.7k
But be sure you get the v2 version and not the old CX-430.
* Tagan StoneRock 500W -- 3.1k

Dont opt for any Cooler Master PSUs at this budget.

OP
A

abhijeet2021

Broken In
well i got the cm 460w :(. Hope it would not be a disaster as i cannot get any fsp or low end corsair psu anywhere in my area. All are on 600w and above and way expensive. How does cm 460w exteme edition plus compares with them. Am i totally loosing on it. earlier i had a gigabyte 450 w psu which had bite the bullet. Also i got a asus p5ql-cm motherboard and cannot figure where to connect the pci-e connector that came with the psu. any help on it

casual_gamer

In the zone
hey my mercury psu also blown and a big sound came, thankfully all my components are safe, before that a continous never ending beep came from numeric ups with red light, i switched off and on, and the psu blown sound came and all lights in house went off. so whats the culprit here my psu or ups.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
Definitely psu. Thank my PSU Silently went offline and refuse to switch on at all.

But its after just 30 minutes of play crysis 2

casual_gamer

In the zone
which brand psu?

and can a psu try to reverse destroy a ups, like it has happened in my case? my ups is still working fine with another psu, i don't understand why my ups behaved the way it did.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
well i got the cm 460w :(. Hope it would not be a disaster as i cannot get any fsp or low end corsair psu anywhere in my area. All are on 600w and above and way expensive. How does cm 460w exteme edition plus compares with them. Am i totally loosing on it. earlier i had a gigabyte 450 w psu which had bite the bullet. Also i got a asus p5ql-cm motherboard and cannot figure where to connect the pci-e connector that came with the psu. any help on it

CM 460W is not worthy buying. i had one and sold it off also. go for the review part of it in google. It will just be kicked off by any of the psus suggested to you.

As per my knowledge the PCI-e connector will go to the GRAPHICS CARD and not in the mobo.

Top Bottom