PSP released in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Yeah! Its launched! I got myself a brand new PSP on the 31st October! Its amazing! The clarity is good and I also got Midnight Club 3! It rocks!

My sincire advice if are planning to buy a gaming console... go for the PSP!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
nagarjun_424 said:
My sincire advice if are planning to buy a gaming console... go for the PSP!
Make that a Hand-Held Gaming Console.:D
If it were a console then it would have either been PS2 or the Xbox (Currently).Both of which i suppose has a price tag below the PSP.Not sure of Xbox though cause the last i know it was selling for 12.5k.
For Portable Hand Held Gaming,PSP wins hands down.Its available in Alpha in Mumbai @11.5k and the UMD's can be anywhere between 2.5k to 3.5k.Enoonmai out here on our forum has the Japanese edition Value Pack of PSP and had promptly mailed Sony UK site to avail his Spiderman 2:The Movie UMD for free.:D

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I beg to differ, allwyn :D

The PSP has been outshined by the Nintendo DS, which is a more fun gaming platform. It offers dual screens, a touchscreen, more innovative games, and good battery life. The PSP is good, but has too many flaws - the screen, poor battery life, expensive games, etc. Moreover, the DS runs all GBA games and can take a GBA game as well as a DS game in at the same time. You can choose which one to play :D Besides, who doesn't love the Mario franchise? ;) Other good games include Nintendogs, Castlevania, Wario Ware Touched and the upcoming Metroid Prime and Resident Evil DS :)

And yes, it costs just $130 - you can get one for $130 with Nintendogs or with the new Mario Cart game :p

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
I agree with Nemesis here. DS totally pwns the PSP. IMO it has much better features as well as games. The DS proves that hype alone can't sell an item. It outsells the PSP almost 2-to-1. DS Rulz.

OP
V

vij26

Broken In
Nemesis said:
I beg to differ, allwyn :D

The PSP has been outshined by the Nintendo DS, which is a more fun gaming platform. It offers dual screens, a touchscreen, more innovative games, and good battery life. The PSP is good, but has too many flaws - the screen, poor battery life, expensive games, etc. Moreover, the DS runs all GBA games and can take a GBA game as well as a DS game in at the same time. You can choose which one to play :D Besides, who doesn't love the Mario franchise? ;) Other good games include Nintendogs, Castlevania, Wario Ware Touched and the upcoming Metroid Prime and Resident Evil DS :)

And yes, it costs just $130 - you can get one for $130 with Nintendogs or with the new Mario Cart game :p

lol are you a small kid or what... I bought a psp on the 1st of sept. But here a umd game costs about 60 US Dollars and umd videos cost 20 US Dollars...
I was hopping the games and umds in india would be cheaper.. :cry: coz my friend got umd games from HK for 30 US Dollars...

Anyway could you give me any shop addresses preferably Bangalore

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
So, I'm a kid for liking the DS and you are some big guy just because you bought a PSP?? For your kind information Mr. vij26, Nintendo practically invented video games and it's franchises are the most popular ones. If you think that Mario is for kids, then you obviously haven't played any Mario games - Mario is a classic franchise. And you think Metroid Prime and Resident Evil are games for kids? Eh? The PSP is just hype, plain and simple. Nintendo sticks with stuff that is fun to play. And I'm sorry to say, but you can already see how buying the PSP was a bad decision. By the way, have you even used a DS?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@nemi , the handheld choice here differs according to the games the buyer likes to play , u like DS , ya thats cool ,i like it too , but if anyone wants me to choose between psp or ds i will go for psp , coz i like the games it has currently and that one which are goind to be released .

Not everyone likes nintendogs , or zeldaish games . similarly not every one may like liberty city/bunout

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I don't have a problem with who likes what - I respect the likes of others. I have a problem with insulting someone because of their choice. Besides, I was only reiterating what gamers the world over have proved - Nintendo is still the king when it comes to handheld gaming. I think the PSP could have been so much better - and cheaper too. But that hasn't stopped people from buying it which means there are those who like it and that's cool with me. But calling someone a kid because of their preferences is absurd and immature to say the least.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Each to His own,Nemi :wink:
I personally feel that the PSP must be vividly brighter in terms of Screen compared to the DS.Plus who woulnd't like mario man?I Have grown up playing those games and so i have never written off or said anything against the DS.Heck i have to admit i haven't touched the DS yet but atleast from what i heard the PSP is outdoing DS in terms of sales (In India atleast).Rest assured i ain't a Anti-Nintendo person :D But i stand my ground,if given a choice between DS and PSP i would go for the PSP.If Metroid Prime and RE is gonna up the DS then hold on for GTA:LC and NFS:Most Wanted to wipe the slate clean.Oh did i forget the mention Burnout Legends? :wink: On a lighter note i would somehow like to see NintendoDogs for the DS as it seems a very cute title :D

OP
V

vij26

Broken In
Hey Nemesis,
Well sorry 'I didnt wanna be mean :roll: Sorry

Here all the small kidz have a ds...thats what i meant

Sorry again

Vij26

OP
V

vij26

Broken In
Yourpsp.com

Have you guys registerd your psps on yourpsp.com ???
Do it, coz u get the spidey 2 umd and dont you get any chaper umdz???

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@allwyn: I don't know about the sales figures in India, but everywhere else, the DS outsells the PSP by a huge margin.

@vij: I have friends aged 20 and above who love their DS. Wouldn't call them kids, eh?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
8.5k is cheap , last time when i chkd it in delhi it was 12k , but umd's are priced high 2.5 to 3k

asdf1223

Journeyman
the main reason the psp flunked was sony just didnt focus on the platform and got carried away by the whole nxt gen thing.net result=frustrated owners.if u like turn based strategy u should consider advance wars dual strike.it aint kiddish and is a gr8 way to pass time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom