PS2 Vs XBOX Vs New Graphix Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mojojojo

hi folks ......help me out....
the problem i want to have the highest dose of latest games.
now my pc's config is:2.8ghz,P4,256 ram,intel xtreme grpx2 card(inbuilt),3d acclrtr,40gb,32mb shared frm ram video memory.865 gv motherboard.

now question can i upgrade my pc...?

if i upgrade wat will be a decent configuration 4 a budget of Rs.25000.......?

or shud i buy a Xbox/360 instead......?

or shud i buy a PS2/3

pls remember tat my budget won't exceed rs.25000.

Thanx a Lot in advance. :D

1 more question can i upgrade my pc speed frm 2.8ghz to 3/3.2 ghz??is it possible?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
mojojojo said:
now question can i upgrade my pc...?
Of course you can.
mojojojo said:
if i upgrade wat will be a decent configuration 4 a budget of Rs.25000.......?
Since your current Motherboard supports Intel Processor and the way i see it 2.8Ghz is quite sufficient for now.Just need to add in Extra ram (1Gb of Transcend's DDR 400Mhz @4.7k).Hard Disk 160GB SATA Segate Barracuda @7200rpm (3.8k approx).XFX Geforce 6600GT 128MB AGP8X around 10.5k i suppose.
mojojojo said:
or shud i buy a Xbox/360 instead......?
The X360 will be debuting in North America in a few weeks from now.If gaming is a major aspect then consider buying this console.Though it might not have vast variety of titles at start but the titles that do come out will keep you drooling for a long time.:D
mojojojo said:
or shud i buy a PS2/3
PS2 is almost dated now.It costs 9.5k (Slim version).Whereas the PS3 has yet to show its true colours of gameplay,let alone its release date which is rumored in spring 2006.
mojojojo said:
1 more question can i upgrade my pc speed frm 2.8ghz to 3/3.2 ghz??is it possible?
Yup if your 865 is not belonging to 865P (533MHz FSB)version.It can support upto 3.40Ghz of Intel's HT based processors (Socket 478 of course).

PS:I am a always a bit skeptical about the Prices so let rest of the forum members help you out on that.

usmayur

Broken In
XBOX vs PS 3

If you wud have asked for only consoles, I wud recommend X360 as quality of games is gud and no need 2 upgrade for 5 yrs. But availabity is an issue.
But u have a fairly gud pc. PC games r the best both in terms of quality and quantity
Upgrade (Transcend 512*2 MB RAM DDR 400 Rs 5K)
Leadtek Geforce 6800 GT (21K)
This makes a bomb of a PC in ur budget.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
a PS3 will really be a good buy .,.. but then again .. it'll be very less upgradeable .... u can go on upgrading the pc till ur satisfied ... even after the ps3 gets outdated ....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
@deathvirus - i havent seena console getting outdated until another arrives averagely 3-4 ears after it

If PC then 2 years futureproof

kumarmohit

Technomancer
deathvirus_me said:
a PS3 will really be a good buy .,.. but then again .. it'll be very less upgradeable .... u can go on upgrading the pc till ur satisfied ... even after the ps3 gets outdated ....

Man If you can get a PS3 in 25000 rs just jump at it

Sony is also gonna give optional HDD with linux in it making it a complete PC (If u add USB KBoard and Mouse ofcourse)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
The 13500 price tag is just a direct conversion from $299 and $399 to Indian Rupees. You think the price will be the same? ;)

But yes, the PS3 is rumored to cost $500 and that too without the hard drive. And yes, $500 (or 25k) is completely unjustified considering that the 360 is way cheaper.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Exactly.Make that an unofficial Debut too cause quite frankly i never saw the Xbox getting an official launch out here in India due to the Broadband penetration concerns.Similarly if Microsoft wishes to cash on this console too then i doubt it will shy off from it launch out here as well.Assuming you are importing the Console just a few months after it Foreign debut it will still cost a bomb as the deamand will e so freaking high that most shops will run outta stock and the Shops out here which will tend to import the X360 will definetly price it way above the standard price.Not to mention the Horror of the games pricing :wink: and PS3 is a long way for that matter and all we are hearing are rumored pricing and other BS to hype it even more.:evil:

OP
M

mojojojo

according to "Mumbai Mirror" a daily newspaper published with "Times Of India" of Mumbai edition.....they said in the Tech section tat xbox360 will be surely launched in an official manner n already agents are booked....it will be priced at approx Rs.30K or more...so not less than tat........................Worries will continue....

BTW i mentioned tat i hav an inbuilt video card n Grfx card.....so r u guys sure tat i can upgrade...?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yea right.I had read the same article too.So its upto Sujata Softech to launch X360 out here eh,Puh-Lese give me a break.They were the same people who promised to launch the Xbox which never came through.So i dont know how much of it is truth for releasing the X360 Minus the Xbox Live service.:? Let time tell rest of the story.

You meantioned an Onboard 865 based Graphics Chipset right.Technically it isnt a stand alone Graphics card and hence you'll defiently need a good dedicated Graphics card to boost your Games performance.Oh by the way let me remind you that your's is an AGP only motherboard so only a AGP Card can be added on,NO PCI-E card.:D

OP
M

mojojojo

how did u get tat i hav agp slots n not pci-e..??? :?: :?:

i herd tat agp gettin outdated.....so iam in a bit truble rite...

now if i want to install pci-e card how much will it cost...do i hav to change the Mutrbrd...

.......trbls all the way.

does all the grfx cards hav 2 types agp n pci-e ???????

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
He knows because PCI-Ex wasn't available with the 865 board. And yes, you will need to change the motherboard if you want to get a PCI-Ex card. Finally, to answer your third question, not all graphics cards come in AGP and PCI-Ex.

OP
M

mojojojo

HEY thanzx nemo...but u didn't whether iam in truble by not upgrading my agp mtrbrd to pci-e supporting mtrbrd.......pls tell the price of pci-e mtrbrd.....any1 :?:

tanks a lot in advance :D :wink:

BYE.

OP
G

gxsaurav

30k for XBOx 360 :shock:, damn, it's better if i buy a 7800GT with a XBOX 360 controller for Windows, it will cost a lot less then that

bala4digit

Journeyman
dude....xfx geforcefx 7800gt 256 ram costs 35k so its 5k costlier than xbox360.....think again.[a query wats a xbox 360 controller 4 windows ....does it aloows to play xbox360 in PC ]

Btw plss ans my prev query.......plss......the mojojojo's 1...........plsssssssssssssss.
tanks...

BYE!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I still dont get why 360 is even being suggested in India. MS has not even announced officially that they will be launching the 360 in India. Remember buying a 360 alone is not enough as having a broadband connection is manadatory as all the games will be validated via XBOX live which comes along with the 360. Will US boxes work in India ? I dont think it will. And lets not even talk about mod-chips. They still have a long way to go.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bala4digit said:
dude....xfx geforcefx 7800gt 256 ram costs 35k so its 5k costlier than xbox360.....
35k for the 7800GT :shock: Where the hell did ya get that price from pal?
AFAIK the XFX 7800GT costs 26k(approx) and the BIG one costs around 24k.Even the 7800GTX isnt costing in the 30k+ segment anymore the BIG 7800GTX costs around 29k.Only the XFX model of 7800GTX chooses to remain in 31k range.

As for mojo well most of your queries are taken are off by Nemesis.Leaving your PCI-E mobo query,Assuming you wish to stick with your Intel Proccy you will have just 915GV and 925 series in option but then again your current processor might be a socket 478 LGA pin one whereas the PCI-E boards for Intel 9xxx Series are made for socket LGA775 pin processors.So if you want to upgrade then you'll need to buy both a Processor and a Motherboard separately.If you do want to go for an overhaul then better stick to AMD 3200+ (S939) processor and some good PCI-E motherboard like the Asus A8N-E.Both might cost you around 15.5k approx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom