ps2 or ps3 or xbox -- which one is best

shiv.emf

Broken In
Hello All ,

i am planning to buy gaming console. Can you please suggest best console among ps2,ps3 ,xbox or any other. I have 29" Sony CRT tv.

I have searched in google but does not help much hence posted here .. :)..

pros n cons abt each console with CRT will be much appreciated.

Gollum

Collector
Re: ps2 or ps3 or xbom -- which one is best

Xbox360 is hackable, ps3 is close to being hacked but not possible for you, ps2 is outdated and games are now being made only for ps3 and 360. Also forget about ps2, its history.
Ps3 games are more expensive than 360 counterparts. Difference is 1k or more. Xbox live is a paid service and psn is free. Xbox has 3yr warranty and ps3 has only one year. New xbox360 looks better than ps3. 360 cannot play blue ray dvd and ps3 is the cheapest and best blueray player. With 360 you have option of cheaper wired controller but ps3 comes only with wireless **** shock3. Both can be connected to crt but its best to get a tv with hdmi. If that is not possible then try getting a computer monitor with hdmi or hdmi to dvi adaptor to connect to the monitors dvi port.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Re: ps2 or ps3 or xbom -- which one is best

It depends. If you are a hardcore gamer and want to play new releases.. go for x360/ps3. If you are short on money.. and thinking about playing past games than ps2. But don't buy ps2 thinking that you can play recent releases. And, don't buy x360/ps3 thinking that you can play classics. In either case, All three of them are great gaming consoles.

Gollum

Collector
Also check the link below. Buy arcade version and get a ps2 from the rest of the money or get some games.
Microsoft Launches the 4 GB Xbox 360 Just in Time for the Festive Season > News on XBOX360 Gaming > Tech2.com India

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 wouldn't show its true potential unless the display is atleast 720p..
Though you will be able to have the game up and running but some of the text is hard to read(i have same problem when i connected to my CRT TV).. there is also one more option , if you have a HD monitor then u can connect it with ps3/x360 and enjoy :)

The Choice between xbox 360 and PS3 basically is between its exclusive games.. for me its God Of War that came into decision making.

the PS2 however is optmized to be used to be CRT, and with component cable it looks decent on HDTV too, and it has a gigantic game library

Top Bottom