PS2 on 32inch HDTV

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hello friends, first I wanna tell u that I dont play much games...I get time only on sundays..soo I want a console for some fun
I wanna know can I play PS2 on my 32inch HDTV I read on net that it dont look good at all

what can be my 2nd option(cheapest) if not PS2...I am getting PS2+2 controller+memory card for 6k only:mrgreen: but if it doesnt play well then its of no use at all

My PC is P4 3ghz without pci-e slot soo cant put a graphic card there..

Orpheus

Broken In
Hello friends, first I wanna tell u that I dont play much games...I get time only on sundays..soo I want a console for some fun
I wanna know can I play PS2 on my 32inch HDTV I read on net that it dont look good at all

what can be my 2nd option(cheapest) if not PS2...I am getting PS2+2 controller+memory card for 6k only:mrgreen: but if it doesnt play well then its of no use at all

My PC is P4 3ghz without pci-e slot soo cant put a graphic card there..
Ok...PS2 is almost dead.Wii has a pricing of around 13k.The new XBOX360 S has a price tag of 15k.And if you really want to do justice to the HDTV ypu can get the PS#(its costly though).
Anyways,The graphics of PS2 aren't impressive these days(as compared to XBOX360 and PS3) and frankly speaking the HDTV wont make any differences.
BUT..the game library of PS2 is mind blowing.IF price is not a problem get a PS3(Yeah!.Now I incur the Wrath of XBOX fanboys:evil:).If price is a matter save up for the XBOX 360 S.
The Decision is all yours...
Happy Gaming!:mrgreen:

Hey i mean PS3 instead of PS#....
Damn the stuck 'shift' Key!! :X

gameranand

Living to Play
Bro don't get PS2 its a dead technology soon PS3 and Xbox 360 are going to be dead then after some years what you'll have is a crap. So get a XBOX if price is a real concern for you but if I were you I would have save money and get a PS3
also before anything take a look at this
A damn nice guide by Vamsi

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
but guys is it worth to spend 15k on a product which I will use only for 2-3 hours a week:oops:
like 12hr in a month

I think its not justified...I know PS2 is dead but I havent played much games in last 4-5 years (before that I used to try each and every game)

has anyone tried PS2 on HDTV...everywhere I read they say PS2 has a 640x480 resolution and will look very bad on HDTV which have 1920x 1080 res.

Help:???: it seems I have to drop the Idea if it dont work on my TV

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well, the best you can get out of the PS2 is with the component video cables. Using them would improve the quality to a great extent over the standard composite cables. Some games support widescreen, and would scale properly, others, not so much.

PS2 wasn't meant for High definition output. It's the previous generation console, which was best viewed on standard definition televisions. If you're a casual gamer and don't want to spend a staggering amount on a 360 or a PS3, why not invest in a decent graphic card for your PC and hook it up to your TV via an HDMI cable? You'll get native 1080p support and the price of PC games is much cheaper compared to these console ones.

Last resort, invest in a second hand 360. There are plenty of deals running on forums like Techenclave, Erodov and Indiavideogamer from users who keep selling off their consoles. I have seen deals dropping as low as 8.5k for an Arcade 360 barely 3-4 months used.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yup thats right PS2 does not support HD. And If you a kind of good PC specification I would really suggest you to go for Ethan's suggestion that way you can play game in HD well not the newer onces but as you have said that you haven't played game for 4 to 5 years I guess you'll be occupied by the games which are released at those times in HD resolution. Get a graphics card bro thats a better way. And also post your system config.

And also if you get a PS3 it won't just server as a gaming console but also as media center but chioce is yours and BD players are quite costly these days and you get a combo of BD player with console but yes thats a pricey thing.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks for all these suggestions...

I think u guys missed my last line thread start...I have a p4 3ghz with no pci-e slot:cry: soo cant put a graphic card

Ok I will consider all the suggestions again...and then decide

Thanks again guys

Ashgun

Dil Td diya :( ):
hi sujoyp

Do tell us your decision . I am also in the same boat .
I have a laptop and it does not Have a Pcie Slot for GPU Upgrade and I want to have some gaming device ( Thinking of PS2 ) .

I have been playing AOE 2 for long now and I want variety .

Actually very fast paced games give me heaqdaches , where graphics inflow is high .

Just needed something to have some fun .

I Know th game base of PS2 is huge . Can we actually download games and Play in PS2 . is it a feasible option , any issues faced in this .

-----------

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well i have a hdtv & a ps2 as well. Tried tekken 5 last week and to be honest, the game looks pathetic on my 32inch fullhd tv. I don't have the component cables like ethan mentioned but quality from the bundled composite cables are very bad. In a standard crt tv, they look very good.

@ op

If you have hdtv, then don't even think of a ps2. It will look disastrous. Get a psp instead and play on its screen.

Else if price is a concern, then try to get your hands on a xbox 360 (non slim) arcade(jasper) console. Should be 10-11k. The next gen consoles support high def gaming unlike ps2.

Top Bottom