PS Vita Discussion thread

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
People who owned the PSP cried to death for a second analog stick. So Sony humbly obliged. Also it's really helpful in many games and brings the experience close to the Playstation3

Well even I owned a PSP but maybe with my personal experience I never felt the need for another stick. BTW how is it your vita working and what all games did you play in this till now?

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
So which all game did you get for it?
I dont think its worth spending so much.Plus each game cost above 2k

I started with Rayman Origins, beautiful game and still playing it.
Also got two mini games- Escape Plan and Mutant Blob attack. Fun for short casual gaming.

Don't get much time to play on it. Buying UC next.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Well even I owned a PSP but maybe with my personal experience I never felt the need for another stick. BTW how is it your vita working and what all games did you play in this till now?

I don't have a PSP so can't comment on that. But the second snub was praised so much by users and even reviewers in big gaming sites which made it look like a big deal. Personally I find it pretty useful for FPS games. I don't see how they can be played without the second analog stick. Also someone else was tellin it helps in GOW since it adds "rolling" now to Kratos.

What you should really be asking is about the rear touchpad ;)

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
I don't have a PSP so can't comment on that. But the second snub was praised so much by users and even reviewers in big gaming sites which made it look like a big deal. Personally I find it pretty useful for FPS games. I don't see how they can be played without the second analog stick. Also someone else was tellin it helps in GOW since it adds "rolling" now to Kratos.

What you should really be asking is about the rear touchpad ;)

Hey is FIFA 12 available in the vita?

nims11

BIOS Terminator

When playing games like MGS, syphon filter, etc, it was PITA to use the analog stick and the d-pad the same time.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Every carrier which offers 3G. This is India, not US, we choose our own carriers and needless to mention everyone is on GSM except a few.
ok,so is it just as simple as getting a vodafone sim with a 3g plan and stuffing it in to a psvita(PSVITA uses SIM's right?)?
i'm planning to get a 3G vita by May

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Although theoratically that is the case, it is always wise to ask other Vita owners to see what they are using and if they are facing any problems.

Just ask, you never know, maybe BSNL, Airtel, Aircel, DoCoMo or Voda, someone might screw up.

novas242001

Right off the assembly line
Honestly, I think the iOS platform is a much better and affordable handheld gaming device/console. With the accessories available and the price, it is almost in par with the PS Vita. Android platform is great too, but there are very limited games with big names. For instance, the iPod Touch is light, thin and very very portable. Games are way cheaper than Vita too.

gump

Broken In
Whats the use of 3g version of the VITA other than fast online gaming ? does it have any other purpose.... which cannot be done through WIFI ?

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Whats the use of 3g version of the VITA other than fast online gaming ? does it have any other purpose.... which cannot be done through WIFI ?

Online MP on the move (which is bad due to our poor 3G speeds)
DLs and stuff on the move

that's all...

3G is just Wifi one the move.

Only feature it truly adds is GPS.

Honestly, I think the iOS platform is a much better and affordable handheld gaming device/console. With the accessories available and the price, it is almost in par with the PS Vita. Android platform is great too, but there are very limited games with big names. For instance, the iPod Touch is light, thin and very very portable. Games are way cheaper than Vita too.

iOS is good but not better.

You got a Chevy beat, cheap, efficient, zippy, fast enough and easier to run
then you have a Chevrolet Camaro, a beast, fast, inefficient fuel guzzler and a monster.

People will choose what they like. iOS is good for casual gaming but beyond that, it just fails.

GamingManiac

Broken In
If onlythey could reduce the prices,i would go for it.Sony has got everything right with the ps vita,right from the hardware to the variety of control options,except the pricing,of course:)

GamingManiac

Broken In
gaming on a mobile platform like the ios or android are meant for the large section of casual gamers who get their fix by slinging birds.They can never be a substitute for the core gaming crowd.No one can say which one is better.Its just that they are meant for two completely different people. :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
PS-Vita sales are lagging this gen and its only due to lack of a strong gaming library. Sony has admitted that they are having a difficult time getting enough 3rd party developers on board to develop exclusively for vita. Android and ios are also giving tough competition in the casual handheld market and games like modern combat and novo 3 are setting graphical benchmarks in the handheld gaming segment.

So Liverpool, UK-based Ripstone based indie developers have joined hands with sony in making quality titles for handheld and they have garnered good name in this segment in the past.

Read here to know more.

Top Bottom