Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisha Gupta

Right off the assembly line
i want to learn c and java help me out plzz

as soon as possible plz and also i m a new member of this site

Neuron

Electronic.
If you are good with texts i recommend you buy a good text book and start learning.I don't know about java but for C i would recommend 'C, The Complete Reference' by Herbert Schildt.

and welcome to the forum :smile:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
start with 'C' and polish it.
K&R for 'C' (Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie)
is a good book that will get you going.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I could suggest a good beginner book for Java since I came across one at the college I used to work at.

"Head First Java - Kathy Sierra and Bert" something

If you don't mind a non-technical book (its a fun read) to start out in Java then this would definitely make a good addition. If you plan on writing a certification which seems to be the trend of everyone nowadays then the best book recommended for SCJA is Cameron McKenzies book on the subject.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i want to learn c and java help me out plzz

as soon as possible plz and also i m a new member of this site

both are very good languages to start with

u can start with Wrox professional series books they give layman explanation so its easy to kick-start with any language.

also have a look at Black book series books such as "Java Black book"

& keep learning & welcome to TDF njoy your stay

abhidev

Human Spambot
For startup go with C...and later you can try the head first series for java...welcome to TDF!!!

abhijangda

Padawan
Learn python first, then it will be easy to learn C/C++ and Java.
For C go for Programming in ANSI C by Denies Ritchie also you have this forum to post your doubts.
Welcome to TDF

sunzeal

Broken In
C seems easy.

Java has stuff such as classes etc which is too confusing for new user.

I started with C, learning C++ now, concepts like Classes initially were too confusing for me initially, so better start with C.

mitraark

Decrepit
ANSI C there is an Indian Version , it is simple and is for getting to know the most basic knowledge of C , a good base is definitely required for programming. First learn the basics , later on you can think about 'creating softwares' , trust me it is a long way ahead.

abhijangda

Padawan
python which book i shud refer for python

there are some good tutorials and a good one is docs.python.org and you can find Python books here
wiki.python.org/moin/IntroductoryBooks
also Head First Python by Paul Barry is a very good introductory book.
Practice as much as you can.
Happy Programming...... :)

OP
N

Nisha Gupta

Right off the assembly line
poster presentatn nd paper presentation is gng to held in my colleg in mnth of oct suggest me with latest topics for both poster and paper in software field.Last year it was held and i have in ClOUD COMPUTING..so suggest me with topics

Last edited:

umeshtangnu

NULL_PTR
ANSI C there is an Indian Version , it is simple and is for getting to know the most basic knowledge of C , a good base is definitely required for programming. First learn the basics , later on you can think about 'creating softwares' , trust me it is a long way ahead.

:shock::-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom