Problems with Linux: Why it has no chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmonk

Broken In
Why is my Windows 2k not crashing. Why haven't I had to reinstall my windows for almost a year???

You're smart ! you aren't using XPee. Wonder why??

I am appaulled. These guys are talking about MS as if it didn't make anything at all & nothing works

Nobody said that!!! Of Course it make windows!! It also make those mice and keyboards with the extra buttons. And of course it works!!!! It really does!!! Amazing!!!!

All I can say is- its been a good discussion. Lets all use what we like. I continue to use Windows, have no intention of going Linux whatsoever. I am primarily a gamer & have nouse for Linux at this stage. You guys use your Linux & let us all be happy.

Same here. I agree!!

Sorry for appaling you Borg, and do try the notepad thing!! its really cool!!

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Yo ppl chill it man ur pulling each others pants man chill ppl let it go in a friendsly manner pls. Dont go eating each other out.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
borg said:
I tried the norepad thing, nothing happenned. And I tink you are just one of those Linux fanatics.
Then try this on Windows 98

Open Notepad >> File >> Open.
now type C:\CON\CON and see what happens. windows 9x kernel commits a fatal exception... and blue screen

oldmonk

Broken In
Linux fanatics
thats me !!! How did you guess??? but keep it a secret!!!! :lol: :lol:

And please visit me when you finally come to the year 2004

Ill see you in 2005! when youll have to reformat and install longhorn when MS will no longer support win tukay.

my blu ray.
:D :D :D
youll have to wait for SP3 for that or maybe there wont be any sp3. Oh sorry i forgot you'll have longhorn by then!!!!!

I tried the notepad thing, nothing happenned

:roll: :roll:

Dont tell me you really tried that!!!! Dont you trust your Win2k????
(just kidding)

If you did it right you should see the folder open and not the source of the HTML page!!!

OP
B

borg

In the zone
Ok man, I don't want to continue this discusion anymore. I don't see any point.

The whole point of this thread was to discuss the shortcomings of Linux. I neither hate linux nor am a fan of MS or Apple. If one starts becoming emotional about some particular technology, I think that is when the discussion becomes useless.

I am not interested in flaming you or anyone else. I am here only for discussing technology sharing ideas. Peace.

T

TimothyMcVeigh

The same thing over and over again.

Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5884

GNUrag said:
2 } Insecure OS Design (The Windows Kernel)
Try this on a Windows 95/98 computer. Open Notepad >> File >> Open. now type C:\CON\CON and see what happens. windows 9x kernel commits a fatal exception... and blue screen...
Its a bug in windows 9x kernel's virtual device module that existed for 5 years despite various service packs. Due to this bug, no system administrator can even dare to run Ftp/telnet/web server on a windows 9x computer...

TheUndead said:
Windows 95 based OSs were designed for a single user environment. Windows 9x wasn't really designed to protect the integrity of the system when connected to a large network like Internet. Actually many security problems occurred only because they tried to make them backward compatible. Something similar to which you have mentioned what Microsoft does NOT do in your 4th point about word docs' compatibility.

I think both of these similar threads be merged into a single thread instead of doing the whole discussion all over again.

If borg is leaving, I can take it from here if administrators can allow me to do that. But first combine these 2 threads so as not to argue about what has already been taken care of.

TheUndead = Me

oldmonk

Broken In
The same thing over and over again.

Well actually the linux versus windows threads are so common in _all_ discussion forums.

Its almost like coke and pepsi!!!!!

Remeber that in any discussion we can argue about

1, technical aspects- capabilities etc.
2, moral or ethical issues with the products
3, ease of use - (linux ay be easy for me , but hard for say, george fernandez????
4, undying love for any os, windows or linux? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the end any discussion needs a conclusion.

Somehow i dont think this thread will have any such thing.

some people dont like piracy or working with pirated products. If they can do the same job , with legal stuff, then why not??? Even better if you like or appreciate it.

(Of course MS doesn't mind piracy in India. Who the hell would buy windows here. Its more than a months salary for most indians!!!!)

All the hardware i own, i buy or works with my linux better than it does on windows. To see the diff, i can give demo to anyone!!!!

But thats my choice!!!!

Atleast i have that choice.

regards

G

gxsaurav

Hey, there was already a thread regarding Windows & Linux with the naem "Windows vs unix" where me, & Tuxfan already had a fight, tuxfan, don't U have anything else except for argument, comon, yarr, whoever started this thread, remembar one thing as I said in that thread also, It's upto U what U want to use. Nobady is forcing U to use anything, u want linux go for it, U like Windows stick to it, whats the point of such never ending discussion. Some of the other discussions like this which will never end

1) Intel vs AMD
2) NVIDIA vs ATI
3) & Windows vs Linux
4) PC vs Mac

Use, whatever u like thats all

OP
B

borg

In the zone
I just wanted to highlight the weaknesses of Linux. Comon people, don't give me that "Linux is best" crap. It too has its share of problems. But these guys just don't want to talk about it. They get all emotional when someone criticises their Linux. Not to mention their MS bashing. Don't know how many things Linux borrows from MS. Now I realise debating with Linux people is futile. OpenXS was right.

sailendra

Journeyman
@borg,
Its time you change your sig. You have realised the Ultimate Truth! O enlightened One.
You've Just been Assimilated!
"Resistance is Futile" LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

gxsaurav

Linux, Windows, Mac, Unix everything has it's own drawbacks, nothing in this world is Perfect (except for Ash)

Even linux has problems, the problem I facaed when I tried linux was Application installation & uninstallation, I still don't know how to uninstall something in linux, rpm is good, but then again U have to have different version of same thing to let different things to work, & plz, Tell me can linux match the double click installation of Windows never, xvzf .tar file etc etc

anomaly

Right off the assembly line
The whole argument is worthless...

In the end a person should use an OS that he is comfortable with and that can get his work done with ease. And both windows and linux can do that, as long as the user is capable....

Both OS's have there pros and cons... no body can doubt that Linux is much much more stable than windows, is free, and is more customizable, it is virus free and the list could go on... but then, it is a little difficult for 'novices', as you need to have some technical know how to succeed with it.... otherwise you really would not understand what the OS was talking....
Windows is for users who just want to get their work done... are not bothered about 'what the hell is in there'.... and do not want to waste their time thinking about how to compile the latest kernel....
Windows might not be stable etc. etc... but im sure whoever uses it does not mind re-installing it every few months...

thats it.... as i said... i can only laugh at you guys.... for fighting like kids...
Its like owning a Bullet 500 or a Ninja 1000CC...
Its what you enjoy more.... Going through the starting process of a bullet 500 or just pressing the ignition key on the Ninja...

thats it...
thats how simple it is...

OP
B

borg

In the zone
In the end a person should use an OS that he is comfortable with and that can get his work done with ease. And both windows and linux can do that, as long as the user is capable....

Thats exactly what I am saying too. But some guys here want to show the superiority of their Linux

DjVibz

Right off the assembly line
One of the lamest discussions i've seen. but this ain't not unique. I have seen many such discussion & in every single discussion the very first thing that the Linux people do is start bashing M$. I say CRAP. Every OS has its share of problems- Windows, Mac OS, Unix, I say every one of them has their problems. Linux ain't no exeption. Anyone who sez otherwise is a fool for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom