problem with USB.Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun.s.menon

Right off the assembly line
Guys,
Whenever i plugin a USB stick or iPod to my USB port, i get a POP UP like this:
HI-SPEED USB DEVICE PLUGGED INTO NON-HI-SPEED USB HUB

How can i resolve this issue?. Please advice.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
assumin u hav xp, if drivers r missing ... install usb 2.0 driver, or isntall windows usb 2.0 update.

OP
A

arun.s.menon

Right off the assembly line
my motherboard is A7N266 VM-SE.I think the problem is that My USB is version 1 which is causing the problem.If that is the case, is there any way i can upgrade my USB port to ver 2.0?

moshel

Padawan
hey guys even i wanna know how to determine the usb port speed....i have P5N32 E SLI mobo....and wanted to know whtr the front USB is version 1.1 or 2.0

as it is creating problems when i connect my ipod.....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
A7N266 VM this mobo has usb 1.1 controller. for usb 2.0 you need to buy a usb 2.0 pci card.

moshel said:
hey guys even i wanna know how to determine the usb port speed....i have P5N32 E SLI mobo....and wanted to know whtr the front USB is version 1.1 or 2.0

as it is creating problems when i connect my ipod.....
thats mobo supports usb 2.0

Last edited:

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Get a USB 2.0 PCI card, will go in the PCI slot and give you around 4 high speed 2.0 USB ports...its damn cheap..i got one for like 250 bucks..and worth it...gr8 transfer speeds...arnd 480mbps...

moshel

Padawan
well my ipod problem is still not solved.......i plugged my ipod in the back of my mobo...but the USB is not directly on the mobo (its actually an extension giving 2 USB ports)....i had read somewhere on the manual or on the apple website..that the ipod needs to be connected directly to the motherboard to work properly....so that means dont plug it in the front USB port. plug it in the port next to where ur LAN port is.

One more question...would it be ok if i keep my ipod dock connected in my comp at all times?....without the ipod i mean.

its very annoying to get down and go behind the table to connect the USB cable...lol..

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
what is the problem wid ur ipod? i can't see any reason why someone can recommend connecting the ipod to "onboard ports" and not external ones...

moshel

Padawan
ok well finally everything worked...i was getting the 1418 error in itunes and songs were not getting loaded. finally i searched through apple support and i was told to re-register .dll files by creating a bat file. i did that and it worked.

@infra_red_dude, apple says it on its website. they actually mean to say is that it is preferable to connect to the USB ports on the mobo.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ moshel
ok well finally everything worked...i was getting the 1418 error in itunes and songs were not getting loaded. finally i searched through apple support and i was told to re-register .dll files by creating a bat file. i did that and it worked.

Can U tell us the procedure of creating the batch file I mean what codes we need to write into that batch file to register that .dll file .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom