Problem with Ubuntu Live CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wweundertaker

Right off the assembly line
Problem with Gnoppix Live CD.

I just aquired a Linux Live CD iso from a friend and copied it to my harddrive. It has the file name Gnome LiveCD_2.12_i386_en_5 . On opening it up with WinRAR I found out it was Ubuntu. I soon found out that it is Gnoppix version 2.12 .I used Nero to burn it as an image on a cd rom and booted via it. My Cd-Rom is set to boot first but the CD won't boot. Could you please give me instructions on how to create a bootable cd from the above in Nero 6 or Power ISO. Otherwise - I had read an article once on Digit to run Live Cd's without burning them. How can I go about this?
I have Windows XP SP2 on NTFS with 2.66 GHZ processor, 512 MB DDR 400MHZ ram, 915 MSI motherboard using the onboard graphics plus an 80 GB hardrive and a DVD-Rewriter.
Please reply at the earliest.

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Start nero. -> open nero images -> in the file type drop down box select *.iso -> navigate to where the iso is located -> now select it and open -> burn the image.

OP
W

wweundertaker

Right off the assembly line
hello,

Thanks both of you, but I couldn't get the CD to boot by both ways. I then installed PowerISO and then created a bootable CD. It runs great and I am happy with Linux. Could you suggest me how to install some new programs or games since it has become boring seeing the same old interface. I am on a Live CD.

Thanks.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well sorry you can't install anything on ubuntu live cd. For that you can get puppy linux and burn a multisession cd. Or try games Knoppix. Or you can even install some linux distro on your hard disk.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Yes you can... But it won`t be persistent. (i.e) You have to do it everytime you boot. ..For example you can download beep-media-player from the ubuntu repository..I recommend download than using apt.

Then open a terminal and
ce it has become boring seeing the same old interface. I am on a Live CD.
sudo dpkg -i *.deb to install,replace * with the file name or this itself will work just fine....

I used to do this long time back when I used Ubuntu livecds...

Raiden Bee

Broken In
Anyway a live cd will load onto RAM or go directly from your CD- Drive....you cant install software directly to these

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom