Problem with micro SD card

digik

Journeyman
I have micro SD card which I use as pendrive with the help of card reader. Recently, it has got corrupted. Whenever I plug it in my computer it shows that the drive has to be formatted.

I have some important data in it. I want to recover data before formatting it. I have googled for it. But, no plausible solution could be obtained.

Kindly help.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Cheap card readers are responsible for corrupting it. Happened with me twice. Data can't be recovered. From next time, use a better card reader instead. :)

saswat23

Human Spambot
Sometimes a registry fix solves such problems. Plug in the memory card with the card reader and do a registry repair with any registry cleaner.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
*www.piriform.com/recuva
try this,its saved me from disaster a few times
hope i helped :)

- - - Updated - - -

also class of sd card has nothing to do with quality,failure,corruption
Ive had 2 Sandisk Ultra Class 10 fail on me for my dslr
higher class= higher write speed only,no other difference

the fix is to try and backup/recover what you can
format it within the device you use it in such as DSLR
then use a usb cable to connect it to your pc/laptop
dont remove it and use in a card reader,itll always lead to corruption after a while

Shibaprasad

Journeyman
DO NOT FORMAT
use any Linux live CD or live pen drive and try to extract data (please use another card reader). I you fail, format the card and try recuva to extract your data

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
DO NOT FORMAT
use any Linux live CD or live pen drive and try to extract data (please use another card reader). I you fail, format the card and try recuva to extract your data

doesnt matter
he can try that but ive had a 100% recovery after formatting before

Top Bottom