problem with KNOPPIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahidhar

Broken In
i am using KNOPPIX 3.4, every time i try to boot i have to enter
" knoppix screen=1024*768 vrefresh=60 noscsi"
or else the screen turns blank. is there a way that i can save the setting so that i dont have to enter them everytime.

secondly the resolution i get is 1152*864 and not 1024*768. and if i try to change the res to anything else the taskbar is gone.
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/mahidhar/cut.jpg
the desktop is being cropped both at the bottom and on right.
How can i solve this
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/mahidhar/tbar.jpg

how to configure my ethernet card so i can use the net from knoppix

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
mahidhar said:
i am using KNOPPIX 3.4, every time i try to boot i have to enter
" knoppix screen=1024*768 vrefresh=60 noscsi"
or else the screen turns blank. is there a way that i can save the setting so that i dont have to enter them everytime.
Boot time settings for Knoppix can't be saved anywhere, as the hard disks are not mounted yet... Better option would be that you install knoppix onto a hard disk and add the kernel parameters to the /etc/lilo.conf file. using append=xxxxx option under your boot os list.
mahidhar said:
secondly the resolution i get is 1152*864 and not 1024*768. and if i try to change the res to anything else the taskbar is gone.
Dont use the control panel applet for changing resolution, instead use CTRL ALT num lock + key to switch reso. You'll get a virtual screen that can be scrollable through mouse.
mahidhar said:
how to configure my ethernet card so i can use the net from knoppix
Specially for Knoppix 3.4, open a terminal and try this....
$ xhost +
$ su -
# netcardconfig

tuxfan

Technomancer
Boot time settings for Knoppix can't be saved anywhere, as the hard disks are not mounted yet

Correct me if I am wrong, but there was an option in knoppix 3.3 to do this. Boot time settings could be saved. I will try to find it out.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
tuxfan said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but there was an option in knoppix 3.3 to do this. Boot time settings could be saved. I will try to find it out.
Yes please find out that... I konw one method, that is remastering your own CD

devianthulk

Broken In
i've got another problem .... my onboard audio drivers(INTEL D865GBF MOBO) are not detected...
I slip streaming possible.... i mean can i integrate the audio drivers
in the CD???
Also does it support multiple processors(hyper threading) ???

I would like to make my CD more customized for my system.....

tuxfan

Technomancer
GNUrag said:
I konw one method, that is remastering your own CD
You are over-estimating my knowledge mate!! I am not an expert :oops:

There was something in its menu itself that would let you save a file on your FAT partitions. Specify it at the boot time and it would pick up the settings. I didn't pay much attention to it because I already have PCQ Linux installed on my machines. Now I will try to find it out once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom