Problem with HD4670. Corrupted Display

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hi friends,

I had RMA'd my MSI HD4670 and they gave me the replacement. I picked it up to my home and plug it in. It works fine and i played some Games. But the next day, when i try to boot up, it give me the same problem that i faced with my previous card(damaged one). Also when i try to use my old 7600GS , it also gives the same problem.

The problem is, i am getting corrupted display, ie. it looks like Win 98 @ 640x480 resolution. Previously i had the same issue.

Please tell me whether this is the Card's problem or my Motherboard's PCI-e slot problem. I need to confirm it so that i can decide whether to send it to RMA or send the Mobo to RMA.

My system spec is :

E6600
ASUS P5N-MX
Transcend 4GB DDR2
MSI HD4670 1GB
Zebronics 450W SATA II
LG 22"

static_x

In the zone
I faced the same problem when i installed my newly bought mobo. On boot up the resolution used to be 640x480 but after few seconds it use to settle down at 1920x1080.
If this is the case then you may need to update your GART drivers...

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

No. The resolution is like 640x480 all the time. I tried it with my old 7600GS and still the same problem. FYI, my HD4670 is newly RMA'd one. So hope it wont be a problem. Please let me know if there is any chance that my mobo PCIe slot went kaput?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Either check your cards on another system, or get a third card -- which is currently working fine from another system.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

:D

I will check some other card in my system. BTW I am only one who is having graphics in my whole village. So i need to get it from my friends who is living some 30kms away my village. Will check it by tomorrow.

And my OS is Windows 7. :D

static_x

In the zone
^^
What difference will that make...irrespective..?

It may sound irrespective but it actually solved the same issue I've faced.
My newly bought gigabyte mobo was giving me the same problem...I got the replacement but the problem was there...The gigabyte engineer asked me to update the drivers etc but to no avail...I reinstalled the OS twice but the problem was not solved....then I installed the fresh genuine copy of the OS and everything is fine since then....

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

I understand your point, but the thing is , installing genuine OS doesn't solved the issue. After few re-installs, the problem had solved in your case. Thats it.

static_x

In the zone
^^
Thats what I'm saying...I do not know the other technicalities but I was sharing my experience....
Your replaced card as well as the old one is giving the same problem..may be something with your mobo then!!!
You may then need to get another working card to test this...!!!

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

My old 7600GS is working fine and i wasn't used it since i bought HD4670. But now, that too even not working. So, surely some issue with mobo. Let me check with my another rig and will be back if there is any problem(Ofcourse it will).

mavihs

Techie By Heart
try installing the latest drives(download the latest from the net)! if it doesn't work, then try again reinstalling the driver! then get back to us!

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

also remember to download the drivers from AMDs site only! here is the link: Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Bro, do you think i wouldn't have tried that solution. That was my first attempt to solve the problem. Anyway tried to plug in the card in my office rig, but SMPS went kaput. :D Will replace it and post the status

mavihs

Techie By Heart
^^
Bro, do you think i wouldn't have tried that solution. That was my first attempt to solve the problem. Anyway tried to plug in the card in my office rig, but SMPS went kaput. :D Will replace it and post the status
did you try installing the drivers, one after the other/in a row twice with out rebooting the system? & which version of the driver did you install?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

I first uninstalled the driver and reboot, then installed the driver again. Still, no use.

Then i reboot the system and in safe mode, i un-installed the drivers and restart it once again to install the driver. No use.

I am using v10.6 drivers now.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
^^

I first uninstalled the driver and reboot, then installed the driver again. Still, no use.

Then i reboot the system and in safe mode, i un-installed the drivers and restart it once again to install the driver. No use.

I am using v10.6 drivers now.
see wat i have written! i have told you to follow a different way & i never told you to uninstall!

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Well, i re-installed it as you said too, and i am damn sure that it fails. BTW Do you think it is a driver problem. B'coz if so, then why my 7600GS also giving me same problem

mavihs

Techie By Heart
^^
Well, i re-installed it as you said too, and i am damn sure that it fails. BTW Do you think it is a driver problem. B'coz if so, then why my 7600GS also giving me same problem
So you havn't tried it! :| how can you say it'll fail without trying! :x
coz 7600GS is a NVidia card & needs other drivers to work! :|

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Can you explain me the logic of overlaying different drivers one after another without re-boot.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Well, i re-installed it as you said too, and i am damn sure that it fails

Read it carefully dude. I did tried this before and IIRC, it failed. I didn't say blindly that it fails. :D Chill down yaar

That 7600GS i working fine in my d/l rig.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

^^
Can you explain me the logic of overlaying different drivers one after another without re-boot.

I dont think thats what he is talking about.

Top Bottom