Problem with every headset in every computer

cavalryguard

Broken In
Hi,

I have 2 laptops and 2 desktops. One of the desktops is brand new. In all of them, when I am using a headset, I am finding that the sound on one side is very less compared to the other side. When I adjust the volume then the sound is equal on both sides. So only at some particular volume levels, the sound is equal. I checked setting and there is no bias to one side either.

It is not with just one headset but all - I even tested with new ones.

There is no problem with my hearing:wink:

patkim

Cyborg Agent
is the altered volume setting level same on all 4, in order to get a balance?

What happens when you connect regular multimedia speakers? Do you sense any such imbalance at normal position?

OP
C

cavalryguard

Broken In
Like I said, at certain volume levels, the sound is same on both sides (This should kick out any theories that my hearing isn't proper)

No problem with speakers though.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Like I said, at certain volume levels, the sound is same on both sides (This should kick out any theories that my hearing isn't proper)

No problem with speakers though.

Is it that you're connecting your headsets in the Front Panel Audio connector (in PC)?
If so, try doing this at the back of the in case of PC.
I used to face somewhat this kind of my PC. The problem was with Realtek Onboard Audio (hardware and software). Try changing the speaker configuration from 2 or 2.1 Channel to other available with the help of the Control Panel.

Top Bottom